30' Sisu

mcangelo41

Commander
I had a deposit last year on a 30 SISU (26 sisu is what it really is known as no?) with cored hull but it was all rotted upon survey so I pulled out. I believe this is a different generation or improved hull? Boat I had deposit on was a 79.

2 issues as far as I know

1.Alot of the original cored boats have rot(older than this one)
2. They rock and roll like a sea saw

I was told that this particular model has both issues well taken care of. Can anyone confirm or educate me on this.....I like these setups...

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Sisu made a 22,26 and 30. All different hulls. There was not a layup problem with the hull getting wet it is what was done to them over the years that ruined them. We have had 3 and not one was wet. If the boat has been taken care of and proper installations were done there is no reason they won't last another 40 years.

mcangelo41

Commander
wow that was a fast reply!!!!! Ok the one I was looking at was 30 feet but when I was looking online and researching I just assumed they called the 26 a 30 for some reason....

blinsquirrel

Lieutenant Commander
30 sisu is a completely different boat than the 26. I agree 100% with tunaorlater....take the time to de-core properly with every install...shouldn't have any issues.

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
I like this setup as well.Blind S has been kind enough to answer every question I've had,he has been both knowledgeable and honest about her, and I feel this boat is a winner. Iv been told that because of the cored hull, it would be risky to truck her clear cross country, which living in the pacific nw, I am looking to do. Any insight on this issue?

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
I've fished on this boat for many years. It's rock solid and well taken care of. We do regular trips to the canyon for anything from tuna to tiles. These Sisu's sip diesel and can take a lot of sea for a 30 footer.

Anyone who is looking for a great, low priced boat that you can fish seasonable weather in and carry weight, you should take a look at this 30' Sisu.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I can't see why it would be an issue shipping this boat anywhere.

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
I don't see any issues trucking a cored hull, it happens thousands of time a day in the spring and fall with no issues. Hinckley picnic boats are trucked all over the us from Maine with cored hulls.

Top Bottom