Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

plyandglass

Lieutenant Commander
Jerry , was tying to get Johnson and Towers out of NJ support me to open up a sales and service in the mid-atlantic states , never heard from them. Not sure if they ever got something going , looks like it would be a good product , just dont know if they will have product support needed.......

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
Have seen a lot more marketing for the COX than the OXE, and installs COX has done but that is just press. Seems they have a better foothold in Europe but are expanding in US.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.woundupmarine.com
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
I think the initial cost may be prohibitive for an independent commercial or recreational guy to justify at this point, both around 45-50k I think for the 300 HP. Maybe bigger businesses can afford to make the leap.

I think they are proven enough in Europe that I would try one if the economics were better.

I think COX has come out with 150 HP options

partime59

Lieutenant
First Name
scott
the weight is also a problem with all the diesel outboards, if the transoms not heavy duty then there will be problems. i like what they offer but will wait to see how they do long term, the belt drive concerns me, its a great idea but could be a nightmare

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I think industrial use will be the first consumers here. Oil pollution response boats and other types of work boats. Big industry use that can justify the cost....

Fouraces59

Commander
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
26 Seaway CC
Here is a review and discussion on the OXE showing the belt drive and cooling system

Same group reviewing the COX

some other videos on youtube too

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
I didn't watch the whole video but I'm sure they would love the South Florida Center console market to embrace these.. doubt it will happen for a while

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User
Last edited:

[email protected]

Lieutenant Commander
Forum Sponsor
First Name
Jay
Boat Make
Mako 20' - Suzuki 200
So far I have emailed the closest distributor for the Mercury Diesel outboard and the Cox diesel outboard. Nothing, nada, crickets. I have many times on here commented on the support I see from Mack Boring (closest distributor of Oxe outboards). I don’t want to bug Jay with an email when he and Mack Boring have already proven many times over there customer service zeal......but I will if requested :)

Morning Jerry!

Happy to provide any and all information you want/need on our OXE Diesel outboards.

Although I don't personally handle the engines I'd be happy to pass along all that we have or connect you directly with Kerry Thompson who handles OXE for Mack Boring.

Kerry is our longest serving Engine Rep who is an incredible resource when it comes to propulsion solutions and simply a very good guy.

[email protected]
Cell : 908-391-8378

Appreciate the kind words - we're here to help/serve.

Jay

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I saw one of these at a boat show in Florida a year or so ago. It has a BMW diesel engine, I looked it over for about an hour, they appeared to be very well designed! These were originally designed for the DOD, they obviously prefer to carry only one type of fuel onboard their support vessels. They were expensive, but four stroke gas outboards are anything but cheap. And the thinking was that two diesel outboards would be able to take the place of triple gas outboards. In a quad installation, three diesels would, work. And the price difference between gas and diesel would be a factor as well. To me, they were too expensive, but if they get the price down to the point where they are competitive, they may start to be more common!

partime59

Lieutenant
First Name
scott
Morning Jerry!

Happy to provide any and all information you want/need on our OXE Diesel outboards.

Although I don't personally handle the engines I'd be happy to pass along all that we have or connect you directly with Kerry Thompson who handles OXE for Mack Boring.

Kerry is our longest serving Engine Rep who is an incredible resource when it comes to propulsion solutions and simply a very good guy.

[email protected]
Cell : 908-391-8378

Appreciate the kind words - we're here to help/serve.

Jay
jay, could you get kerry to come on here and inform us to all the pro's and con's of these, thanks

CaptainDrew

Lieutenant
First Name
Drew
Marketing is easy.....support is key.
We are the Cox distributor for the northeast. We are readily available to support the product with locations throughout New England. We recently launched a boat with triples at Front Street Shipyard. The us sales manager lives in the New England area and the aftersales support manager for COX lives on the east coast.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom