31-34ft tuna boat

drk

Ensign
My Dad and I are looking to build a downeast for tuna fishing out of long island. We are looking into building a 31 duffy, maybe even stretched to a 33. He would really like the engine to be under the deck but we are open to ideas on other hulls. The boat will be semi finished off for over nighters and occasional cruising. I have also been watching the 33 flowers tuna build as that can be another option for us.

My question is what other hulls can meet these requirements? We really want to weight out all the options.

Thanks,
Derek

drk

Ensign
Can you get a flush deck with either of those or even just a step up?

ghostcrawler

Ensign
The 33' duffy (31 stretched) called the jessie-lin has a flush deck. there is a build thread of it here somewhere I believe. Not sure of the powerplant, but the hatch is so large it looks like you can crawl in there to work on it. sweet setup.

DSC_0032_2.jpg

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Derick! don't understang why "streach" a hull when you have proven hulls? going to streach a 31 duffy when you can buy new 35 duffy, 36 w/b. c/b etc..these hulls are proven!

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
Derick! don't understang why "streach" a hull when you have proven hulls? going to streach a 31 duffy when you can buy new 35 duffy, 36 w/b. c/b etc..these hulls are proven!

it was the $$, cheaper to stretch a 31 than to build a 35

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

sailboatssuck

Lieutenant
I don't know him but been told a guy here that's selling a 31 BHM Slays the tuna most years.
The fact he's having a 33 Flowers built speaks volumes about a 33 Flowers as a tuna boat !!!

What do you consider "slaying" tuna is???? How does it speak volumes about a 33' Flowers????
Not trying to be a [email protected]*^$ bag, just trying to learn more.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
What do you consider "slaying" tuna is???? How does it speak volumes about a 33' Flowers????
Not trying to be a [email protected]*^$ bag, just trying to learn more.

From what I know of the guy building the 33 Flowers he owned the 31 BHM for ?+- 18 years.

Like most of us he wanted to "move up" and gain some speed.

Talk on the commercial docks where he's from is he is one of the better stick boats guys around

Dam nice buy his 31 BHM, immaculately maintained..figure 16-17 knot cruise in any sea.

fwiw,

Bill D

atlanticblue

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 ft Bruno Stillman
Sailboats suck , page 8 of classified has a mean 32 h&h i think it's for sale(ghost recon ) sharp looking rig ! Don't know the price but looks expensive!!!!

atlanticblue

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 ft Bruno Stillman
Also captain Larry's 31 JC is a real clean well thought through boat! Well maintained . Solid glass and good power. And at a good price.

Top Bottom