31-35 DE Sportfishing boat 20knt plus?

amberlee

Lieutenant
I am probably asking a stupid question, but it wouldn't be the first one. If you were looking for a used single engine diesel IB DE boats in the 31-35' range that cruises 20 knts plus, what manufacturers would they be if any? thanks alot,.

I posted this in the Classified section by mistake and couldn't change forums or delete it so you'll see this there as well.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I don't know how much you have looked at this site or how much you know about DE's. DE's are the owner's dream and the builder trying to make it happen. Each boat is an individual. Because of the Laws of Physics even the best builder can't make some owners dreams come true.

That being said Kenny Flower (mainely boats on this site) finished a 38' Duffy as a sportfish for me that cruises at 23 knots. He has in the range you are talking about a 33' boat depending on how you want to set it up that will do better than 20 knots.

amberlee

Lieutenant
I most definitely won't be ordering a new De boat to be built any time soon. so it's used or forget it. I'm not an educated DE boat guy, but joined this site to learn. even if we don't or can't go this route, it's still a good education on the DE boats. I have a friend who is making a trip of to Kenny Flowers place I believe in Maine in the near future to look into having a 33 DE built for him. I saw photos of the 33 and it's definitely a beautifull boat, and one of the DE's that can handle the HP to cruise in the 20knt + range.

cb34

Rear Admiral
38 duffy

What is your fuel burn on the 38 duffy at 23 kts? thanks

OLD BAY

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Shelter Island 38

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Tuna pursuit: I think he meant that he can cruise the boat at 2600. And then any faster it gets squirrely. Again im assuming thats what he meant. I thought the same thing at first

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
If it's an older C series (about 500 cubic inches), it could be 300hp at 2600, and if that's the case you could run it pretty close to WOT.

OLD BAY

Rear Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Eric
Boat Make
Shelter Island 38
Last edited:

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
If it's an older C series (about 500 cubic inches), it could be 300hp at 2600, and if that's the case you could run it pretty close to WOT.

I went back and re-read, I missed the fact that it's a cummins. I had 300 hp B's and WOT was rated at 2800 rpm. so he's probably running 300 off of top.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yeah, I've got a B that's 315hp @2800. A few years ago I looked at a boat that had like 300hp C's, but I guess they are pretty scarce nowadays.

eyschulman

Commander
Boat Make
Devlin 48 & Marshal Sanderling
DE speed

Its no secret,most older used DE boats in 35ft range are better suited to 14-16K. I think those who want 20+k would do better with a planning hull. If you want to spend big bucks and run at 20+k flowers and a few other builders can push the envelope.

amberlee

Lieutenant
We're back in the hold pattern, our buyer backed out of the deal. We were getting the boat ready for him to take North, we had to wait for the brokers contract to end before we could do anything, we finally talked them into ending our contract early, I contacted the buyer to tell him the good news, (so I thought) he didn't answer the phone, I emailed him telling him, and requested a small deposit. We couldn't really take a deposit while it was under contract with the brokerage. That's when i get an email back telling me he can no longer buy the boat, something about his Grandmother dieing in FL. and his Mom was stuck with the bills, so he used the down payment for the boat for that. I hate to sound unsympathetic but that has all the markings of a lie, I used the one of my Grand parents passed away 20 times over the years in school so I could get out of class and go fishing with my buddys. we'd all be sneaking down the hallways to make our escape.
regardless of the reason it' doesn't matter, we just need to find another buyer. but still a good time to continue to research DE boats and others as well. appreciate everyones input. Hopefully the hurricane hasn't messed up our boat, or maybe I should hope it's totaled, I'd get more from the insurance company then selling it. I hope everyone elses boats and homes didn't get any damage, take care. Ron

Latest Posts

Top Bottom