31' BHM Completely Redone

BleedingIvy

Ensign
Completely redone, new wiring, breaker box, hoses, cables, new steering, new battery charger, awlgrip paint, bilge detailed, degreased, sanded and painted with bilge coat paint, new twin aluminum saddle fuel tanks, barrier coated with fittings, hoses, water seperaters gaskets, new cockpit deck and supports, new Bomar front deck hatch, new LED lighting, new V berth cushions, new wheel house port passenger bench seat, new anodized aluminum grab rails through out , new anodized aluminum rocket launchers, upper and lower, new battery switches, interlux top side paint inside and out, new zincs , all running gear sanded and polished, new antennas , new sea glass front windows with custom fiberglass external window frames, water ballast keel for added rolling stability, dyvinicyl , rear cabin wall, commercial water tight deck hatches, all hardware removed and rebedded with 5200 marine sealant, new diesel fills and hoses, new anodized aluminum and ipa wood cabin ladder, redone commercial grade steering helm, new electronics panel on helm, boat was sanded by hand including bottom, awlgrip and barrier, bottom paint to be applied in next two weeks, as well as side windows and minor west system spots on topside..... Have Hurth transmission, uninstalled.... No motor at present time, have 3 options lined up..... To be installed over next 3 months

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

BleedingIvy

Ensign
My partner on the boat is away for Thanksgiving holiday. The price hinged on what, if any, of the 3 motor options we have available, the potential buyer would like dropped in. Any serious inquiries, please private message me and we can discuss further.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
My partner on the boat is away for Thanksgiving holiday. The price hinged on what, if any, of the 3 motor options we have available, the potential buyer would like dropped in. Any serious inquiries, please private message me and we can discuss further.

How much do you want for the boat? Most people here wount be interested in the repower job you are trying to sell...

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Beautiful job. I see a driver saver so make sure that you install a jumper wire so the shaft & wheel are tied into the bonding system. I also did see a bonding wire on the rudder stuffing box. All min all very pro.

BleedingIvy

Ensign
Yep. Boat is in wall, nj. Price we had in mind changed a bit since general consensus is no one would be interested in a repower, which I kinda figured as most would like to customize power plant. Private message for a showing if serious and discuss offer

Gps98

Lieutenant
What would be the ideal power plant, what could give you a 20knt cruise on the 31? Would a 370 yanmar be enough?

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
If your looking for a 20kt cruise out of a 31 BHM its most likely going to take a 500hp large displacement cummins or volvo or something similiar. It can be done but you will end up with the an engine box or a large step at the very least. I had a 370hp Volvo in mine and with a 2.5:1 reduction and a 28" wheel it gave me 14-16kts, full tower and pulpit,fuel and crew.
In my opinion you are forcing a boat to do something she just does not want to do if your trying to make the 31 BHM cruise 20kts.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Second that. You'll burn a shit ton of fuel pushing a BHM that hard and it's going to take more horsepower. It really makes no sense at all to even try. BHM's are efficient at 15 to 16 knots. If you want speed you need another hull. Yanmars are high revving engines. If you do go that route, be sure to gear accordingly. Probably 3 to 1 to get the right wheel. But it aint going to get you 20 knots unless you run her wide open.

Gps98

Lieutenant
Thanks. Understood, was just curious if that hull was capable of being a 20knt boat.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Yep. Boat is in wall, nj. Price we had in mind changed a bit since general consensus is no one would be interested in a repower, which I kinda figured as most would like to customize power plant. Private message for a showing if serious and discuss offer

Maybe you should put it on eBay if you want bids...

jon3030

Commander
Boat Make
35' Five Islands
Sent a PM for price, was told I needed to drive to NJ to see the boat first then we can talk price. Interesting way to market a boat. I won't be making the trip :roll:

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
I may be interested in this boat , what would be fair value with out power giving what has been done ?

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
31' bhm

20 KNTS. Ain't happening on this boat unless you way some stupid power. My 31' BHM with a 235' HP Volvo will cruise at 13 knts. burning 8 GPH. Know someone who upped his HP to 375 H.P. to gain another 3 MPH. Is $50,000.00 worth 3 MPH ? This boat has a sweet spot that it will run in all day in big slop without backing off and bracing yourself for a beating. I guess it's Built for comfort, Not for speed. Will never let you down.

Top Bottom