31 BHM hauling fish pots off Point Judith

DentedBucket

Lieutenant
First Name
John
Boat Make
31 JC
This video is a few years old. I made it for a project for the Commercial Fisheries Center of Rhode Island. It's no masterpiece but I like the clips of the boat and the gear. Video was shot late November, the tail end of the seabass season. Enjoy.

Last edited:

GansettCharlie

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
31JC
Nice. Tell me more about your JC.
Are you hauling pots with it? Mine is a 97 31' Casco Bay model that I charter and commercial fish with. I haul about 20 fish pots a day. She has a 450 Diamond series Cummins in it. Cruise at 2100 rpm making 19 kts. This year I'll be running her well below that though to save on fuel.
Where will she be located?

DentedBucket

Lieutenant
First Name
John
Boat Make
31 JC
Nice. Tell me more about your JC.
Are you hauling pots with it? Mine is a 97 31' Casco Bay model that I charter and commercial fish with. I haul about 20 fish pots a day. She has a 450 Diamond series Cummins in it. Cruise at 2100 rpm making 19 kts. This year I'll be running her well below that though to save on fuel.
Where will she be located?
1977 hull, built a new house this winter for it. Boat will be at Gooseberry, next to Snug. I'll charter and commercial rod and reel with it, play around too. Boat was a cuttyhunk bass boat style, no forward trunk cabin, tiny down below. But it has a big work deck.

IMG_6831.jpg

Top Bottom