31' Eastern Casco Bay Flybridge

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Nicely done. The power is a little light. As a JC prior owner if I built another one she would have 375 to 400 HP. Other than that she look well equipped. Price is in a ball park that you could start making offers.

Last edited:

Angler2184

Lieutenant
Nicely done. The power is a little light. As a JC prior owner if I built another one she would have 375 to 400 HP. Other than that she look well equipped. Price is in a ball park that you could start making offers.

Are these hulls cored? I see your old one was all glass. Should I expect 16-17knot cruise? Thanks

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Are these hulls cored? I see your old one was all glass. Should I expect 16-17knot cruise? Thanks

Cord hulls are lighter, faster & stronger that solid glass hull. However when buying a used cord hull boat the buyer should take great care in inspecting all thru hull fittings the make sure that the core was removed around all opening & Spay rail installs.
When JC & Eastern built their cored hulls they placed sold glass in all areas that thru hull would go thru. Aftermarket installs by owners is where you need to look. Did they install thru hulls in cord field areas without proper re-coring? That is where you must look & do moisture meter tests.
It is true on my JC that I insisted on solid glass against the builders advice. But I was old school & wanted a hull that could survive time. In building my JC the builder had to add two full length stringers to make my JC as stiff & as strong as the cord boats.
The trade off was more weight, noise & hull sweating. But in the long haul I was happy I built her that way.
Yes you should except 16 knots with the current power.

Top Bottom