31 jc

cobia23

Commander
First Name
Paul
31' JC Lobster Tuna Diesel

In my seemingly endless search for a DE, I have yet to really look into the 31 JC. Does anyone have any info they can share?

1 Are they a cored hull?
2 Is the 260hp Cummins a good match?
3 Overall build quality?

Search function here I come!! :D

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
31' JC Lobster Tuna Diesel

In my seemingly endless search for a DE, I have yet to really look into the 31 JC. Does anyone have any info they can share?

1 Are they a cored hull?
2 Is the 260hp Cummins a good match?
3 Overall build quality?

Search function here I come!! :D

#1 Most are cored & cored correctly
#2 260 HP is a little light you could expect 14 knot cruising speed
#3 JC built an excellent boat with F/G fuel tanks, wet tube assembly and excellent coring. It is my favor 30 footer ever built. Also keep in mind that although JC is out of business two companies are still using his hull.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
That seems like a really good price for that boat grated only one pic tho. If your trying to make money with it its prob sweet on fuel at 12-14kts

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
She is a 1979. You need to know if the tanks are made of steel. The very early ones had steel tanks. 35 year old steell tanks... it is time for sure.

cobia23

Commander
First Name
Paul
I've been emailing the owner he's taking more pictures for me. I'll have to ask about the fuel tanks. 14kts is a little less than what I would want but I could deal with it!

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
I've been emailing the owner he's taking more pictures for me. I'll have to ask about the fuel tanks. 14kts is a little less than what I would want but I could deal with it!
remove those steel tanks which weigh a ton plus the tower you should get 16 knots.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
IMO this is a really good deal. Low hour cummins and set up well for tuna. Screw the tower but you could prob sell it for around 1k or keep it if you like it. Depending on the sellers situation i'd bet you could pick this boat up for a hair under 30k. Then spend a couple grand to put some bunks down below and put a sliding door on the stbd side for a little added protection like the boat below. Ive fished on the JC 31 in the picture and its got a nice ride for a 31 ft boat. Just my 2 cents.

Ally rose.jpg

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Looks like a good deal bet that motor is pretty efficient with a little love she could be a great tuna machine

Top Bottom