31' lobster/tuna boat - $19500 (topsham,me)

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Man, those Langs always had that funky bow.....have read in different posts that she's a wet boat , but my opinion means squat, as I have never been on one....

phil

Lieutenant
Hi all: I had a 28 Lang (cabin job) for 6 years. Not what I would consider a wet boat. Bow had a sharp entry and cut through, funky shape shed water aside. It was S L O W.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Was thinking about this for a project. Anyone know anything about this boat I have been told they are slow but most seem under powered. I'm not looking for a rocket ship but the hundred square of the Hudson is a solid 95nm from my inlet and if she will only do 14kts no matter what she's powered with I would have to pass. I would like to make 18-20kts if at all possible. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Luke

phil

Lieutenant
Lang

Luke: My 28 Lang was powered by a 8.1L Mercruiser Horizon, 370 HP. I usually ran the boat at 3000-3200 and made about 10-12 Kts in still water. I was propped correctly I believe because the motor would make 4200 at WOT which was to spec. The boat would do 18 kts or so at 4000 but I would only blip it to 4K once in a while. A SLOW, but stable boat. Funky looking yes, but a large cockpit and sturdy. Had a nice FB as well.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Thanks for the info Phil! Knowing that my targeted speed is possible is just wha i needed to persue this alittle further. I'm stuck on a ship for the next three weeks but if she's still around when I get off I may go up and take a look at her. She looks fishy and as a lefty I think that p/s station would fit me just fine. Thanks again
Luke

Top Bottom