31 rp

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Rp 31

ACKSHARK,a friend of mine ..Capt Rick Smith just had one built...he loves it...he will give you some info iam sure....here is a picture

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Sorry bud your out of luck RP boatworks is out of business dew to a fire last year where all the molds were lost...best to look for a used one and redo it

unclefish

Commander
Boat Make
32 Mitchell Cove
If you are looking at the one near tompsham me look very carefully. Motor is old one and check out the engine mounts. The boat is very clean and basic. No frills can't figure out why you would have dry exhaust stack with a wet cooled engine. Hull seemed to be in very good condition did not like the truck liner floor seems like it would be hard to clean fish juice off it. The house is 2x4s plywood.

ackshark11

Lieutenant
Sounds like the boat. Thanks for the info. Going to get more info for sure before I make a trip up to ME

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
Hello ackshark, If there is anything you would like to know about the hull,
feel free to ask. MD145 is right, there was a huge fire at RP and as far as I know, the 31 and 35 molds were lost. There was talk of RP starting over, have not heard much since. Thanks for posting the pics MD145 ! She is very big for her size, she is 12' wide, the pit on this boat is close to 11x11, we do 6 man charters with mate and Capt. and there is plenty of room on deck. The boat is powered with a 435 Volvo D6 which is under the deck.
She likes to cruise at around 18K burning around 9-12 gph depending on
loading and conditions. She tops out at 27K.

Downeaster

Lieutenant Commander
My post on this is probably dated now but you might want to take a look even though it pertains to RP's 35. As is the case with all RPs, that beam is expensive and Capt. Rick's GPH figures are as good as they get. If you're really interested in that length-beam combination, just stand by until Stewart pops the first Calvin 30.

Downeaster

Lieutenant Commander
No frills can't figure out why you would have dry exhaust stack with a wet cooled engine.
Here's a couple reasons:

1) No chance of a sea water blockage causing the exhaust system to instantly fail.
or,
2) No chance of sea water ingress through the exhaust system and into the engine through the exhaust valves.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 268 Islander, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

DBM

Commander
We've got an RP 31, with a cummins 380 in her. Let me know what you'd like to know. We love her.

DBM

DBM

Commander
Depending on Fuel and water load, she'd really happy around 17 Knots at 11.5 gph, almost empty fuel and water WOT is 24 Knots.

DBM

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
rp 31

i have one 12 seasons, 370 yanmar. wonderful boat. very sea kindly, plenty of room.05bill

Rockasauras

Captain
Bigger than a 31 BHM? I haven't been on a 31 RP yet.
It's big. Coulda woulda shoulda bought that one in Conn a couple years back. She had a great layout but I was after the 18-20 kt cruise. Limited clearance for the wheel I believe to make those numbers work. Shoulda been happy with a little less speed. There was a 35 Duffy on the hard next to it when I went for a look, which was more of a fair comparison in size. Yes the 31 RP is big for it's britches

Last edited:
Top Bottom