32 Fly Pointe - Erial

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
We are getting close to closing on a 32 Fly Pointe that was located in Coutuit/Barnstable. It has a low hour 315 Cummins diesel. Does anyone have any information on this boat ?

Thanks,

DSC_0110.jpg

JPL

Lieutenant
I bought a 31BHM/32 FLyepoint this spring. These boats are tanks!!! I put a new transducer in and the hull is just over an inch thick of solid glass. I only have a 210 Cummins. Most of these had 210’s unless re-powered. Slow and steady baby. Cruise 13-14 knts at 2350. Took longer to get places but I had a lot more $$ in my pockets when I got there.

photo2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Thanks

Many thanks for the comments and feedback from other Flye Point owners. Seems like they built a great boat and very appreciative of the opportunity to own one.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I find that dri deck stuff in the cockpit rough as hell to walk on barefoot.

Gorgeous boat though.

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
JPL, you wouldn't bi interested in adding a flybridge? I bought a Flypoint 32 this spring as well, and removed it. Mine is same style as the first one only is finished with a lot more teak. It's stored inside and comes complete. I'd love to see another Flypoint owner get it. Cheap cheap as well. Thanks

JPL

Lieutenant
Teaserhead I appreciate the Flybridge offer but I’m good thanks. What other work did you do to the boat?

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I don't have any info on your boat, but I've got a 1980 Keith Otis 31' BHM, which nowadays has a 315hp 6BTA. They are great hulls and go pretty well w/ that power. Those engines are fairly loud right under you feet, so soundown helps a lot.

JPL

Lieutenant
interior

MDI here are a couple interior pics.... Only had 550 original hours and not one rod holder on the boat. She's simple, clean, doesn’t have a lot of systems..... blast it with the hose and watch everyone else on the dock shammie for 2 hours.

photo3.jpg

curtains.jpg

dance floor.jpg

JPL

Lieutenant
Jsakovits
Ironically I am laid up right next to a boat that is set up exactly the same as the boat you are looking at. Do you want me to try and get the guys contact info so you two can connect? Let me know...
Jim

Teaserhead

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1990 Flye Pt. 32 BHM
JPL, mine is a 1990 with 1300 hours. Took a lot of work to patch things up after removing the FB. Same motor as yours, running the exact same numbers. I have replaced all belts and hoses, and replaced the heat exchanger as well. Then I pulled all my anchor chain and rode out and discovered no floor in my anchor locker. WTF? Common bilge for all that anchor gurry? So I glassed in a floor, and installed a locker drain that drains to the outside. I'm a sport salmon fisher, 2.5 to 1 TD, 1 3/4 shaft turning a 26 square wheel and can only slow her down to 4.5 knots, dragging 5 five gallon buckets only slows me down another knot, can't believe the torque, thank goodness the coho like a fast troll! Still to fast for the chinook, so gonna install a trolling valve over the winter. Hali fishing on the hook is paradise ! She very fishy. Also I'm planning some sort of visor that will work itself into like a inch and a half overhang on the sides. We get a lotta rain here and I can't stand all the water running right down the sides of the windows. Can't be good for them. I love the boat, only complaint is wish she was bigger...... Good luck with yours

offshore31

Captain
Jsakovits - John, glad to see you found one. looks very nice. sorry we didn't get to hook up earlier this year. been buried at work. you going to be back upriver?

JPL - sent you a pm. Are you down in mystic? nice looking boat. mine's the same. hose it down and good to go. i love your back side windows, really opens up the cabin. mine are smaller, been thinking of putting in some larger ones like your's.

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Thanks

JPL - that would be great. Interesting that my brother lives in the Newport, RI area and said he also saw a sistership. Thanks!

Offshore31 - thanks! I will send you a PM with contact info and maybe over a beer we can compare notes and I can share the winter plans.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
JPL,The BHM is one of my favorite downeast boats.......I wish I could find one that needs a lot of work.....for a good price..lol

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Now what? Have any pics?

Top Bottom