32 Holland tuna

GB Maine

Lieutenant
Boat Make
33 Pettegrow , 17 Mauntauk
32 Holland

I am building a 32 Holland fishing boat. Do you have any advice on engines? I will take the boat back to Hawaii where I plan to sport fish it off shore.

I want to put enough HP in her so she will go when I want to on flat days. Can the hull run on flat water over 20 knots without getting squirly? I was thinking of putting in a Cummins QSB 480 HP motor, do you think it would keep walk or run OK?

Thanks for the advice.

Greg

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I am building a 32 Holland fishing boat. Do you have any advice on engines? I will take the boat back to Hawaii where I plan to sport fish it off shore.

I want to put enough HP in her so she will go when I want to on flat days. Can the hull run on flat water over 20 knots without getting squirly? I was thinking of putting in a Cummins QSB 480 HP motor, do you think it would keep walk or run OK?

Thanks for the advice.

Greg

Greg, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure there a guys who own 32s on the forum.
I'll have some numbers for ya when the local 32 Holland QSB 380 hits the water.

Travis may have some info on the keel walking or lack of...of the 32 Holland from lobster boat races.

Bill D

F/V Sophia Rose

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Holland
Most of the racing 32 Hollands are gas boats. Only one I can think of that raced last year had a smaller (225 JD?) and went quite nicely but was an inshore lobster boat carrying very little weight.

Top Bottom