32 showdown before and after.

Regulator23

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
32 Holland
That is art work for sure. What prop kind of prop? pitch? rake? size? I'm about to cut out my shaft and drop angle allowing me an additional inch of tip clearance. I get way too much cavitation on my holland so hopefully this will "cure" it.

Lieutenant
That is art work for sure. What prop kind of prop? pitch? rake? size? I'm about to cut out my shaft and drop angle allowing me an additional inch of tip clearance. I get way too much cavitation on my holland so hopefully this will "cure" it.
acme 22x28 #3cup. Dont know about rake its an off the shelf prop at this point. Boat goes 38 knots. Id recommend keeping it to 21 inch diameter

leaky

Vice Admiral

If you want to look for dimensions mines sitting on stands in Newton NH and has a dropped skeg from Hollands shop. A 21 fits in there with a full upright fist top or bottom.

20210121_184002.jpg

Regulator23

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
32 Holland
Thank you Leaky...i might take you up on the offer. My boat does not have a dropped skeg, unfortunately, so i have to work with what i have. I might like to pick you brain on a few other things tho. I will let you know.

Enjoy the day.

leaky

Vice Admiral
Thank you Leaky...i might take you up on the offer. My boat does not have a dropped skeg, unfortunately, so i have to work with what i have. I might like to pick you brain on a few other things tho. I will let you know.

Enjoy the day.

Sure no problem at all, BTW that whole piece of the skeg on a 32 Holland is added after the molding. Or in other words if you ever wanted to just go the whole drop skeg route I'm fairly sure they could mold and sell you the part - might be an attractive option just to go the whole route. Would of course be some surgery, not saying it's quick easy job, but is definitely a practical thing somebody could do, especially if you can source the piece of keel like that. Would all be something good to ask Glenn about, he is happy to talk with owners, and depending on budget/ timing, of course they would be qualified to take that job on too (as would lots of places who do glass work).

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
Cavitation, will be a problem with these Hollands due to the fact they were made for a small gas prop , my keel is blocked down and i swing a 22” wheel ~ i will tell you this , the best prop i had that really seemed to cure the problem, had the blades raked aft . That prop really dug in and held the ass down

6C7F6C1C-AFC1-41BD-BDD2-46795B2EDA49.jpeg

41F85207-BE96-4BB8-8D6C-A31CFF2252AF.jpeg

D1ABD999-30F0-4E66-83DB-38330551C9AD.jpeg

Top Bottom