33 Young Brothers

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
I have a 33 Young Brothers lobsterboat with a 3126 cat with 5k hours, matched to a twin disc 506 gear that was rebuilt by minotts diesel in Brunswick back in August. Comes with furuno fcv-620 sounder, furuno radar, VHF and am/fm CD player. Has an aluminum stern extension and electric rams for trim tabs. Can hold 70 traps empty or 50 with bait and lob tank. Boat needs some work but definitely does her job. When the bottoms clean she cruises 16.5 at 1900 and does 25 at 2850. Has 12" hauler with aluminum backing plate and stainless hauling plates. All belt driven no clutch. 1 1/4" jabsco wash down pump. boat does have potential.

I'm ideally looking for a diesel powered 25 bhm 26 general marine, 28 t Jason or comparable with cash on your end. Doesn't need to be pretty just run good and work. Will take $30,000 obo. Call or text 207-751-2736.

image.jpg

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Last edited:

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
Yes boat went "ashore", landing on a sand beach is far from going "aground". Absolutely zero damage to the hull. Landed on the beach as if I was to beach her to clean the bottom. Didn't slam around on rocks and get pounded by high seas.

Chum Pot

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Parker
that doesnt look bad, no worse than if he was beaching the boat himself. It wouldnt keep me from buying that boat, and $30 is a great price for it!

At $30 dollars I could talk the Wife and Chief into another boat..The thread chain of messages made me look, ha ha way too wishful

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
You mean you'd take less than 30k? Is the engine blown? Deck and house rotten???? Got it on Craigs list?

Motor is fine no issues. Trunk is solid, top and windshield will need some attention at some point. Deck has it's spots but isn't delaminating an falling apart. I just wanna go smaller to haul alone. Boat is on Craigslist, only had one guy come look so far.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Sounds like a great price. A little TLC from a new owner can get themselves a lot of boat for short money.

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
We get closer to spring and the start of the season she might move easier.

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
I could text more pictures or email them. I am 6'0 and I cannot stand up down forward. I'm about 2 inches shy of being able to.

DIRTY RIGGERS

Lieutenant
Thanks for the info Bugpicker. You have a really nice boat and I'm sure it'll sell quick at that price! Wish I was closer. Thats really close to what I'm looking for.

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
Thank you. If I didn't want to go smaller to haul alone, I'd definitely keep her.

DIRTY RIGGERS

Lieutenant
Bump with a question.

I see the dry stack, is there a muffler? Also, is she keel cooled or does she have a sea water pump and heat exchanger with a thru-hull discharge?

Are those cruise/WOT numbers in in the first post knots or mph???

Man I like this boat a lot!!!!

Last edited:

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
There is no muffler, so she is loud. She is raw water cooled has a hose that runs overboard. Although I do have the wet elbow for the motor to go to wet exhaust if wanted, which I will be doing this spring if she doesn't sell.

The numbers posted are in knots.

Thank you

bugpicker85

Lieutenant
Boat Make
35 T Jason
I cruise at 16.5 only cause I run at 1900, if you wanted to cruise 22-2300 you'd be right around 20kt cruise. Turns 2850. I just like burning less fuel. Lobster price vs fuel price affects the throttle position. I could haul 3 days on 25 gallons. Very fuel efficient if you take it easy on her.

Top Bottom