34 Calvin

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Ew reeks of west coast. Not a fan of the new rails and whats with the pulpit under a pulpit??

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
Calvin Beal, Duffy, BHM, Steiger, Dyer, Jarvis Newman, Parker, Bruno Stillman

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
I wonder what the shipping fee was to move that boat to the west coast back when it sold.

....you dont even want to know. (2) trucks, one for boat, one for tower.

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
Ew reeks of west coast. Not a fan of the new rails and whats with the pulpit under a pulpit??

Took a beautiful boat and almost made it fugly.......bummer:sad:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Not sure what that refers to, but I actually regret selling her. That boat was hands down the best boat I have owned thus far.

I loathe the " upgrades" that were made to her but not my boat anymore.

It refers to it being a nice boat, to bad no one keeps it for very long and uses it like it should be used.

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
It refers to it being a nice boat, to bad no one keeps it for very long and uses it like it should be used.

My situation dictated selling her. I planned to use it like it should be, but sometimes life doesn't go like you plan. Like I said, I regret selling her it was a kicka$$ boat ( until it went to the west coast)

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
I used to love looking at that boat... sweet machine - but def looks a little different now....

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
I used to love looking at that boat... sweet machine - but def looks a little different now....

Its painful to look at now......I used to spend more time cleaning and polishing that boat than actually using it. I wish I didnt even know about it's " modifications" !

Another reason why downeasters shouldn't go west!

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Took a beautiful boat and almost made it fugly.......bummer:sad:

Yeah its truly a shame guess you could take it all off though. Whats with the description...."could be the ultimate private yacht"...???????:confused:

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
Dana Point is a great place, spent time out there last year probably a 10 year wait for a slip. Home of Nordhavn Trawlers. Besides the Nordhavns very few nice boats in Southern California of any type.

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
So what the hell's the pulpit under a pulpit nonsense?

Can someone explain why this vessel has that setup?

No idea BOS.....it was set up just perfect for sticking BFT, but I see the pulpit has been made to hinge up and be easily removed whereas when I sold it it was made to be permanently affixed. Maybe that " sub pulpit" is for using just the anchor windlass when pulpit removed. I know he was adamant about having a windlass. I guess the ring/ ball method isnt too popular out there??

captpjt

Ensign
Boat Make
Does it have any below deck fish boxes? It doesn't look like it, granted sticking swords is day tripping how do you keep them iced? Looks like it doesn't know whether it wants to be a stick boat or an albacore sport boat.

No underdeck boxes. No room as this is a relatively shallow built skeg hull and deck is low to keep center of gravity low and reduce roll. Just enough room for fuel tanks and necessities under there. Actually, it worked just perfect as a stick boat.

WRHardie

Commander
I'm unfortunately living in Ohio right now but bou
Not saying it isn't a good stick boat but swords, in my experience like a lot of ice. BFT's get a much better price so you don't need to land as many as you would swords and there doesn't seem to be enough room to keep a decent catch iced up especially in the SoCal sun.

Top Bottom