34 h&h

bobv

Lieutenant
I have a 36 h&h which is the same hull as the 34 with 2' added. Love the boat. Good sea boat, plenty of room under decks and very large cockpit. When I began the build I was going to go with the 34 but switched to the 36 as the price at the time was not much more overall (2005). No regrets going with h&h and found Bruce, Eric and Harold to be excellent people.

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
34 osmond

i used to fish on one which was actually one of the maineway 35's before h&h started building them, killer boat, we have been out hauling in 25' seas.....not really a great idea but it did it... they are a huge boat for the size, good sea boat, alot better than the 35 or 37, i like the 36's which are the same hull essentially and i think it would help the boat pick up the stern steaming and probably be a little more fuel efficient and faster with the same engine.

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
Actually it was the day before thanksgiving 2008, headed out and there was a weird swell on, didn't think much about it, by noon it was a full on sh$t show we had to stay out because we Couldn't get back in and we were working in 300' so it was a lot safer to haul than run in, the entire cod ledge off Portland was breaking, the hue and cry as well as old Anthony's...the NOAA buoy #44007 and Gomoos buoy c (since removed dur to budget and the fact there is a noaa buoy 2 miles away) were recording 24.7' I believe. There was an oil tanker anchored a mile or sO away and when we went down in the waves the top of there mast was 100% obscured.....needless to say the ride in was sketch and we had to go about halfway to harp swell to avoid the cape Elizabeth shore... My boss' dad was hauling in a 35' rp and got broke on hard trying to back into kettle cove... I'll try and find the buoy report or some pictures and put em on when I get home...

Top Bottom