34' South Shore hull only

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Not for 20 ....notice how he keeps saying 2014. And it can be registered as new...I think in the last thread someone said she is over 20 years old

The ad says it was hull #2 out of the mold and has been stored since 1987; that would make it 27 years old... not exactly a spring chicken ;).

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
is it correct that being an 87 you have no power restrictions?

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
If it is anywhere accurate, the layup schedule provided: "CONSTRUCTION: HAND LAID USING 60" MATERIAL, 2.5 OZ MAT FOR THE SKIN. A TRIAXIAL 36 OZ MATERIAL WAS LAID VERTICALLY, THEN A BIAXIAL 24 OZ MATERIAL WAS LAID LENGTHWISE BOW TO STERN. THE KLEGCELL (3/8") CORE WAS THEN LAID IN A MAT,THEN THE FINISHED LAYERS WERE REVERSED IE BIAXIAL LENGTHWISE, THEN TRIAXIAL VERTICAL LAYER.. THE INSIDE OF THE HULL 2 LAYERS OF MAT WITH GEL COAT. THE KEEL IS REINFORCED WITH TWO EXTRA LAYERS OF THE TRIAXIAL MATERIAL. THE STERN IS SIX LAYERS OF THE TRIAXIAL."

Back in the day, that was a pretty cutting edge layup. People having boats built were still asking "How thick is she cap?" which of course is a hold over from wooden boats.

The mat skin coat is a little strange, being 2.5 oz, normally it's 3 oz (two layers of 1.5 oz mat) but I guess one could have used 1.25 oz in two layers, this would suggest that is what the mat is bedded in as well.

Looks like a pretty nice setup really, if accurate.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
If I remember correctly this hull had some core in it that was nfg?

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I emailed the guy selling the hull on ebay and asked what the reserve price was, here's his reply,
"I'm selling for the owner who is a close friend. I spoke to him regarding pricing and he is in the $15-$20k range but is always open to offers. The boat was laid up in 1987 and has been stored in a warehouse up until recently where it was moved under cover of the shed that it is now in. It has never been in the water. When the boat is completed it will be titled as a 2014 or whatever year it is completed."
Thanks, Steve

capt.dan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Topaz
15-20k?? I couldn't find what a 34CB hull only would cost but the 30CB hull is 22k. And his is 27yrs old. What would the benifits be having this hull over a new CB? Emission?

Top Bottom