34' Southshore

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Based on rudder location, it looks as though this has been stretched. Don't know for sure, just looks that way to me.

jigger80

Lieutenant
Ditto that

why the hell do so many members speculate about so much on this site? Ive OWNED a 34' Calvin Beal that came from this same mold and I cant tell conclusively from a SINGLE low resolution pic if anything has been modified on this boat. To me, having owned the same hull, it does not look it. However someone casts some unwarranted speculation about this boat and everyone wants to chip in. Seriously? WTF ? Now someone that may be interested in the boat may bypass it because of reading this and you have now tainted the boat. Does the seller deserve this? :-x

Really? Stretched huh? Maybe if you went and saw the boat in person and could comment with some facts then your commentary would have some substance but the unwarranted and rampant speculation of so many boats on here BASED ON LO QUALITY PICS is getting out of control.

My point is that maybe all should think about the consequences of their comments before posting as it may be undermining the sale of the boat for no good reason.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
"..........My point is that maybe all should think about the consequences of their comments before posting as it may be undermining the sale of the boat for no good reason. "

Jigger - I simply made a comment based on what I saw in the photo. I also said that I was not sure if it was stretched in hopes that someone in the know would confirm that fact. You are getting too worked up over that. As for speculation and undermining the sale of a boat, please check my posting of the Nauset 27 Hull and Top where I went out of my way to find a buyer for this boat that had initially been posted with no pix whatsoever and bashed about the poor add quality. My write up about the boat was very accurate to say the least. I don't B.S. and I don't make up false claims just for ha ha's. I call it as I see it. I may not always be correct, but neither are you. It's just part of the forum, like it or not. If you know this particular boat, please feel free to set the record straight on the stretch job. If it's near you, do what I did and take the time to go look at it, then let us all know what you find. BTW - stretching a hull is not necessarily a bad thing to begin with. No hard feelings Cap.

Last edited:

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Really need to settle down here. There was no bashing he was simply commenting.. Wrong or not it wasn't a slam on the boat. There was no negative commenting on pricing etc.. I think the other day there was a bit of bashing on the Benny beal which you said should be cut up.. That's a bash

For the record the hull is original and not stretched

Top Bottom