34 Wayne Beal

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

reelrampage35

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
Boat

I think it was originally listed as a 34 Southshore at 150k then this listing, and just saw one a few days ago with it listed at 180k I believe with a broker

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
That boat had been around a few time here, anyone go look at it?

Seems to be a fair asking price and a decent looking boat, wonder why it hasn't sold??

Opinions?

Pick up the engine hatch.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
That boat had been around a few time here, anyone go look at it?

Seems to be a fair asking price and a decent looking boat, wonder why it hasn't sold??

Opinions?

You have to wonder why they leave out certain things, like the year of the hull, the year of the motor. Then I wonder why the hours are "approximate". If it's a 34 WB, and its hull #3, that makes her around 20 years old. The electronics are old (judging by the fcv 292). I really don't think its priced realistically at all. I feel that it it is somewhere around 20% above realistic. Wasn't the 2006 37 Duffy with the 900 Mack like 30 thousand less? For 30k you could sporty up that Duffy pretty nice. Again, just my opinion, to answer the question. It does look like a nice rig.

Last edited:

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
It does suck, to pour that much money into a boat, and when you try to sell you realize you cannot get it back. You see this all the time.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Just looked at all the pictures. They are from 7 years ago. They are date stamped. Has it been for sale that long?

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Generally I guess. Like the man said, there is one place to get parts, and it takes a while. They do not have a good reputation around here, that I know. Most people scoff when they hear Yanmar. I just think if the boat had a Cummins, Cat, or Volvo, that it would be easier to move. And those engines are much better suited to the mid sized Downeasters b/c they turn low to mid 2000s so they are easier to gear right. Yanmars are probably fine in the small lightweight downeasters that don't need nearly as much wheel to move. By the time you prop a Yanmar light for longevity, you don't have much in a bigger boat, especially a Wayne Beal, which should make good time w/ sufficient power generated at lower rpms. I think of the Yanmar as an engine made to turn a small wheel really fast.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Petrel I agree completely. In my estimation, based on the pictures only, the Yanmar is what is hurting the sale. I agonized long and hard over which engine I should power my boat with and finally settled on the 8.3 500hp QSC Cummins. The engine is amongst the lowest in hp available for the 8.3 QSC series,is sleaved and only turns up 2600. The nice part about the new electronic engines is that should the new owner demand more hp it is only a computer away, all the internals are the same.
Building or having a new boat built or even rehabing an older boat, give her top notch bones and resale will be a much easier prospect. If there is going to be a spot to not pinch pennies it is in the running gear.Most people can tolerate a nice rolled gelcoat finish and a modest bench for a seat but will quickly turn away if they see a Stidds helmseat and even a teak deck but a less than desireable powerplant, transmission, lightweight shaft and piss poor steering. JMHO

Top Bottom