Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
28 ellis
looks nice till you find out what it has for power 8.2 detroit

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Pretty boat but way too much wood for my liking. And with the newer motors that dont do self oil changes. I agree, I'd pass

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
What's so bad about them 8.2 DD's? I remember some others crapping on them.
Parts availability was getting tough in 1990-1991. Power Products mechanics told me then, that the support of these engines would be decreasing quickly. I had the headbolt upgrade from 13 to 14mm done as per Detroit Diesel instruction. The only good thing about these engines was fuel use. They were called "fuel Pincher" engines, and they were.
They were designed for busses and also used in military Humvees'. They blew up in the buses, I don't know how they faired in humvees and they did better in marine service (constant speed, constant load). Jack Cadario used them in many JC31's. Some of the lobstermen had very good luck with them. They will bring down the value in ANY boat today. Caveat emptor.

snowstorm

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
28 ellis
it was detroits first a temp at building a 4 stroke. well except for the toro flow

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Underpowered. 250 hp or thereabouts. No anchor or anchor pulpit on a cruiser! Odd location for a big stove. But it does look nice.

Top Bottom