35' Duffy Project

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Catch of the day! No pictures but use your imagination. Gotta love the "Best offer" price.

35' duffy

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
What's would cruise be with a 225

Depends on the boat and what you call cruise. I would think a fairly light built boat at the higher end of the RPM range/ which is ok to do with a JD/ would be about 18to 20 mph. WOT could be 22ish.

Without more details, its hard to figure the worth. Is there a limit on what you can write on Craigs list??? how does to much to list come into play?

I'd start out with who finished it and what materials were used. Pics would be a must unless a person could look at it really local. There was one that was posted for auction last year in Delaware maybe that went dirt cheap and needed a ton of work.

Last edited:

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
its a wreck. I went and checked it out last week. Has a soft deck, rotted wash rails, it is completely stripped as far as electrical and plumbing goes. the guy cannot start the engine. He bought the engine used and claims that it has 6000 hours on it but has no documentation. He has put a 1.5:1 gear in it which is totally wrong, You would need like a 24x13 prop. It has a 1.5" shaft which has about 12 feet unsupported. There is no exhaust in it. No controls. The steering bulkhead and dash is all hacked up. It has non power steering, just a teleflex system. The rudder is out and has none of the parts. No hatches. It has 4 broken windows, one that is completely missing, and one that has three bullet holes in it.....LOL. Down forward is completely bare. The word project doesnt adequatly bescribe the state of this vessel. In my opinion you would need to put $15,000-$20,000 into this boat just to have a good work boat. Never mind if you wanted to make a sport fish or cruiser out of it.

Hooper

Captain
its a wreck. I went and checked it out last week. Has a soft deck, rotted wash rails, it is completely stripped as far as electrical and plumbing goes. the guy cannot start the engine. He bought the engine used and claims that it has 6000 hours on it but has no documentation. He has put a 1.5:1 gear in it which is totally wrong, You would need like a 24x13 prop. It has a 1.5" shaft which has about 12 feet unsupported. There is no exhaust in it. No controls. The steering bulkhead and dash is all hacked up. It has non power steering, just a teleflex system. The rudder is out and has none of the parts. No hatches. It has 4 broken windows, one that is completely missing, and one that has three bullet holes in it.....LOL. Down forward is completely bare. The word project doesnt adequatly bescribe the state of this vessel. In my opinion you would need to put $15,000-$20,000 into this boat just to have a good work boat. Never mind if you wanted to make a sport fish or cruiser out of it.

Wow, that's serious.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral

What was he hoping to get for it? Where is it? I might know the boat.

Last edited:

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Second that - surely it must have come up. If the guy knows he's gonna get his ass handed to him that's why he's going to ask for best offer.

Did you offer him five hundo?

Top Bottom