Tunahead

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.captbillsmith.com
Boat Make
Have 5! Make that 6 ....

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
... Its got a Volvo... there is probably only 15,000 hrs left on it.

Now it has a volvo? The cat jump ship? Just because the de market has lost its mind. Doesnt make a clapped out piece of shit with a paint job worth 40k

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
... Its got a Volvo... there is probably only 15,000 hrs left on it.

Now it has a volvo? The cat jump ship? Just because the de market has lost its mind. Doesnt make a clapped out piece of shit with a paint job worth 40k

A TMAD70 must be a TAMD70 which is a Volvo.:confused:

The seller doesn't know that much ...sorta like the YW brokers .. the less info the better??????? I disagree with painting a hull too. From 50 yards it looks OK:grin: It is a fun boat! Maybe the seller does't want fun in his life anymore? I think my other son would buy it if it gets as low as you guys want it to get.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
The price went up on my Duffy too. I did the work and brought it back to what it should be for the looky looks and now it has the price tag to go along with it. Don't know if work was done on this Duffy or the off season discount was removed??????? It sounds high to me but NY has a different population density than here. LI homeowners have a different price point. Like their house taxes must be real high.. 4 or 5 thousand for a postage stamp lot with a house. That's why they earn the big bucks. They probably all make at least 10 bucks an hour.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Badlatitude;59962 Now it has a volvo? The cat jump ship? Just because the de market has lost its mind. Doesnt make a clapped out piece of shit with a paint job worth 40k[/QUOTE said:
Try reading the ad and know which boat you are talking about so it doesn't sound like you have a clueless opinion.

That's like saying the 42 H&H that sold in RI for 75 thousand last month was over priced.

Last edited:

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
OOOPs. the 42 H&H that sold for 75 k in RI last month was built under the Glas Spec name. Rock Lobster11

Vessel Name:ROCK LOBSTER II USCG Doc. No.:979402Vessel Service:COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSELIMO Number:*Trade Indicator:FisheryCall Sign:*Hull Material:FRP (FIBERGLASS)Hull Number:GSJ41013D091Ship Builder:GLAS-SPEC, INC.Year Built:1991
Length (ft.):41.9Hailing Port:MIDDLETON MAHull Depth (ft.):8Owner:ROCKLOBSTER INC
484 EAST MAIN ROAD
MIDDLETOWN, RI 02842Hull Breadth (ft.):15.1Gross Tonnage:33Net Tonnage:27Documentation Issuance Date:October 25, 2012Documentation Expiration Date:November 30, 2013Previous Vessel Names:No Vessel Name Changes Previous Vessel Owners:ROCKLOBSTER INC

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Try reading the ad and know which boat you are talking about so it doesn't sound like you have a clueless opinion.

That's like saying the 42 H&H that sold in RI for 75 thousand last month was over priced.

Sorry I confused which engine was in the over priced junk box duffy. I was posting from my phone from up in maine

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Are you someplace now that you can think strait ? You can't out drink the boys in Maine so don't even try. pace yourself ...

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Your'e right about the taxes on Long Island....bought a house here in SW Nassau 22 years ago (Woodmere)..... taxes total were 4 large...now I pay TWELVE (12) THOUSAND of my hard earned fuckin dollars a year for a 50x105 plot !!! 9000 IN SCHOOL TAXES WITH A SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT MAKING CLOSE TO A HALF MIL A YEAR !!!! THE NEW MAFIA !!!!!! Can't wait to get out...maybe go east to Hampton Bays, or where taxes might be 1/3 what they are here.....grew up in the Rockaways and would go back there in a heartbeat, but she won't have it......that's my rant for today...so I keep looking at lovely downeasters and dreaming.....STAY SAFE ON THE WATER Y'ALL........

Top Bottom