35' Legnos Charter Boat Trade

35gasbert

Lieutenant
Boat Make
48 Custom marine Management Sportfish
Hi, looking for anyone who has knowledge or info on quality of Legnos Hull. Any info to help me decide on a possible trade for my 48' Custom Marine Management. The Legnos is currently listed on Yachtworld for about 76K. I think thats a little high for the current market but I realize that good downeast type boats usually bring a higher price all things being equal. Except for needing to reconfigure the cuddy entrance and set up a private head for my wife the boat will certainly work for my intended purpose. Thanks

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

35gasbert

Lieutenant
Boat Make
All valid points, I know the hull is cored, and I truly believe its way over priced. The other problem is the tib detroit. Not very popular but I'm an experienced detroit man and can fix and or rebuild my self and get parts for wholsale. I guess the question for me is which boat would be easier to sell when the time comes. I can't help thinking that this might be easier to sell then what I have now.

35gasbert

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I think your right El-Mar and I do have the ability to change that as I manage a Shipyard for a living. Just a little concerned about a cored hull vs solid layup.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Boat was the "Prowler", built for Capt Al Anderson out of Snug Harbor. I've fished on it and it's very solid, well laid out and stable on the drift. They guys has it isted all over the place at a bunch of different price points.

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
the legnos had a crash with a sail boat and it is not the prowler. the prowler is a glass over wood boat.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
the legnos had a crash with a sail boat and it is not the prowler. the prowler is a glass over wood boat.

You're thinking about the "new" Prowler. This is the boat he had in the 80's and 90's.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Elmar,Hit this one rite on the head.....over priced and the express top has kept her from selling

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
From my little experience with the 35' Legnos. I think they are extremely seaworthy boats. The one I spent a little time on is on montauk. The "Patty Anne". This boat had a full enclosed flybridge with a i wanna say about a 450hp lugger. On the drift or on a pot in the canyons in some heavy slop, I never fealt unsafe.
As far as why this boat hasnt sold, well that I have no detail on. Personally Im not a fan of this layout. Just my opinion though.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
I only fished on it once but it's a great layout for fishing. 15k is way out of line. Boat is ready to charter as is but it has older power. 50'ish seems about right to me......

up4grabs

Ensign
That definitely looks like the old Prowler. Al had it set up to charter without a mate. I fished aboard a Legnos with a full bridge for a number of years. It had a Lugger in it for power. It was a very stable boat that raised tuna as well or better than most boats. I remember the boat was really squirrelly running down sea, until the captain put a larger rudder on it. Overall, it was a great barebones charter boat. I would think somewhere around 50K would be a fair price.

35gasbert

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Thanks for all the input, lots of good info. I totally agree on the 50ish price. I think that's more realistic.

Game fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy low shear
Detroit's

I think your right El-Mar and I do have the ability to change that as I manage a Shipyard for a living. Just a little concerned about a cored hull vs solid layup.

Hi if your interested in a sportfishing boat I have a 38 topaz twin 671 jt 450 hp.
For sale called the baroness nice boat just more boat than I need.
You can email me [email protected] or look on craigslist New Jersey

35gasbert

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Hi, Game Fisherman, your reply sounds like your interested in the Legnos not my boat. Or have I missed the point? Thanks

l35

Ensign
Boat Make
Legnos
legnos

Hi, I,m the owner of a Legnos boat for the last 15 years. Never a problem with the cored hull, boat raises fish and in my opinion is a spacious boat for a 35. Good luck. Rey

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom