35 rp

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
How difficult would it be the close off that transome?
Depends on what you want to do...personally, I would have a welder fabricate a bolt on rail system...don't think it would cost very much. The waterline is way below the deck, so it would not get very wet.
Otherwise, a little foam core and glass, not a big deal for a good yard.

gulf_of_maine

Lieutenant
I looked at that boat for my son. I thought I could find more of what he was looking for the same type of money. The boat was slapped together. A lot of the joints and seams were rough and were not sanded smooth and no fairing compounds were used. There were used items such as deck hatches and steering used during its construction. The engine had a bad leak near the rear of the cylinder head which was assumed to be from when the boat was over heated. (his mechanic said its ok though). The boat was much slower than advertised and if you didn't have loose fillings before a sea trial, you probably will have some after a sea trial. I don't mean to make it sound like I wasted my time looking at it but it made me aware that there will be a nice boat priced accordingly on the market some day and when it goes on the market, it won't be the time to haggle over price. If I found a boat like this RP for about 40,000$, I would buy it for my son. I would also buy a boat like this and put 50 or 60,000$ into it or maybe just look at boats for 150,000$.

Last edited:

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
In your opinion, what do you think that it is worth?? I have a friend who looked at it as well, and I am actually sort of interested in it also

gulf_of_maine

Lieutenant
In your opinion, what do you think that it is worth?? I have a friend who looked at it as well, and I am actually sort of interested in it also

I looked at the boat a few months ago. The intention of the owner was to haul it out and clean it up a little bit. The crudeness of the boat did not matter to the owner and he is looking for someone who it wouldn't matter too either. A boat in a little better shape sold in Portland in the mid 60,000$. That boat is for sale again for about 150,000$ after the new owner spent a fortune bringing it to a condition most people would want a boat. The owner of this listed rp is into scallop farming and doesn't care of the condition of the boat . It is just to big to work the scallop field. I was impressed with nothing about the boat other than I thought rp boats were great beasts from all the talk up of them here and other boat forums on the internet. There is a 35 rp dragger listed on Craigs List that I didn't look at but I bet anyone would be way ahead if they looked at that one. Its asking price is 100,000$

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
with all do respect I don't think that boat is a 40 k boat.... I fished with the perry's for 5 years mainly for ben but hauled with his dad on the rp some of the time to fill in. the boats not a pile of crap, ed took pretty good care of it, ya it is basic with no tanks below deck but its bigger than most 40' boats.....it goes along pretty good, has a good power plant, the hull isn't stove to crap. my friend used to own the one that went for (60 k) which was beat to death...had an almost blown engine, no split house, open core on most of the edges......you are comparing apples to oranges. I have been on both and eds boat is about twice what that one was when it was up here....this one has a 375 deere in it which those will usually go to 16 k easy....it has 8000 hrs, scottys was a 315 b series cummins which was way so small of an engine for such a big boat. this boat has a custom top that looks a heck of a lot better than the workboat flat windshield and its slid 8 inches further ahead, ya they could have maybe spent a little more time on fairing the interior of the wheelhouse but its a work boat it isn't spit polish shine awlgrip but it isn't a jagged mess either it was sanded and lightly faired then gel coated. also you can sit inside the wheelhouse doing 16kts and talk on your cell phone its that quiet.... the leak your talking about around the head, was from a warranty issue that happened before 1000 hrs, the engine had a faulty head from the factory and it burned up....it was replaced and hasn't had any problems in the 7000 hours after that...he runs amzoil in it religiously and deffinetly takes pretty good care of his stuff even though the boat hasn't been used as much lately because he's slowing down the fishing program. I wouldn't be scared of the boat at all its a heck of a boat for 35' you can fit 150 3' traps on deck with rope and rigging....i'll try and throw some pics on of the boat doing its thing if I can find em....

625706_542100136427_1895141735_n.jpg

544716_542100156387_1092766961_n.jpg

67798_542100181337_67202425_n.jpg

188324_502611072827_4029_n.jpg

196646_502611067837_3744_n.jpg

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
top 3 pics are from this past april going to bring the boat to town, the other 2 are from 2006ish

Top Bottom