Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Christ that is fugly...never seen a perkins that new looking tho

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
"ready to fish w/ four rod holders" the ad days, and the world's smallest cockpit. But you won't get a sunburn. And all that horsepower is great for a breaking inlet too....

Seems like a fuck-up of a good hull. Not a bad boat for cruising LI sound though. Only 12 years old.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
True but for someone looking for a trawler with a downeast hull to do some long distance cruising...that absolutely HATES the sun, this would probably be exactly what they're looking for.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Humor, man, humor. Point was it ain't no fishing boat as is. Not even close. But there are people looking for a rig such as that no doubt. Hint, hint.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
LMAO; Be honest. What do you guys really think? I think the combination of factors- length and sheer- makes it hard to make an attractive cruiser out of that boat. Those hulls look much better in a work boat layout.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
True, petrel. But I like it is as a cruiser. That's an all weather boat. I can see an olde-timer way upcoast Maine running something like that. Hell, I could see myself running it.

Probably cut off the headliner aft and open that up some....but for an all weather boat, methinks it kinda cool. Note also that I am not also one who works a downeast for a living

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Oh my comment had nothing to do with looks lol. But yeah its ugly as sin too. That's nothing a sawzall cant fix though.

shoddy work
cheap electrical panels
deck screws!
unfinished wood all over the bilge

Looks like a slightly skilled person with an amazing lack of knowledge or lots of bad advice built that boat.

Last edited:

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
That has been on the market for a long time. That Perkins and its HP has to go! The sawzal idea sounds like a good one! Was there a thread recently about a stringer delaminating on a RP 35? There seams to be a lot of them for sale. Wonder if the construction is not up to par on RPs?

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom