35' Terry Jason

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp Angler 22' Flush Deck Cuddy
Typical Yanmar boat, under 400hrs in the past 8 years….

Yeah, why is this?

And why do people dislike Yanmars so much? I have had nothing but good luck with mine. Just curious.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Yeah, why is this?

And why do people dislike Yanmars so much? I have had nothing but good luck with mine. Just curious.

we put 5000 and change on my detuned 370. Sold her several years ago and shes still going two owners later.

greg

Captain
I call bs on the cruise stats. Ain't no way he goes 15 knots at 2300 rpm's. His rpm guage is WAAAAY off the mark if he thinks those are real.

Nothing wrong with yanmar power. Just don't cook them.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Yeah, why is this?

There just seems to be something inherently wrong about putting a "heavy duty" version of an engine in a boat and the WOT is 3300 rpms. A lot of them are geared wrong too. When they should have a 3 to 1, they have 2.5 to 1, and when they should have 2.5 to 1 they have 2 to 1. Propped right and run easy, I'm sure they will run a long time, but so many Yanmar powered downeasters are underpowered to start with, it's a recipe for disaster.

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
That's the college of the Atlantics old boat from bar harbor, me. They got a new wesmac 46 a couple years ago.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
That's the college of the Atlantics old boat from bar harbor, me. They got a new wesmac 46 a couple years ago.

WHAT?! I go to Maine Maritime and the nicest downeast boat we have in an under-powered 38 Jarvis newman in "fair" shape....that makes sense

Top Bottom