36 Crowley

nick4634

Lieutenant
The older fishermen say its nicer to stand on in rough weather, easier on the knees. I don't notice a difference, My last boat was glass over ply deck and my new boat is strip plank. After a few years they def leak more than a glass deck

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Thought it might be traction or a wear thing. Thx..

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I fish and run a 50' slapstrake rybovich with teak cockpit and personally i hate it. The owner loves to oil it and keep it looking great but when it gets wet damn does it get slippery.
I have non skid dynagrout on my jc, I know it does hold up the best but i have never had a traction problem.

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
I fish and run a 50' slapstrake rybovich with teak cockpit and personally i hate it. The owner loves to oil it and keep it looking great but when it gets wet damn does it get slippery.
I have non skid dynagrout on my jc, I know it does hold up the best but i have never had a traction problem.

He oils the cockpit sole? Why on God's green earth would he do that? Those boats should have the teak on the cover boards and sole left in their natural state, just cleaned regularly.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
i couldnt tell you. I dont agree with a bunch of things he does. But its not my boat so i dont argue. When i wear caulkers on the deck, he may think differently lol

Top Bottom