36 H&H Wide Body (15 ft beam)

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I drove up to Hamilton's in Portland today. Picked up some supplies I ordered last week.

On the way back I stopped by and saw the 36 H&H 15 ft. beam that Steve Law is building start to finish for a customer of his.

They just started the boat.

Next to the H&H is a 26 SISU that Steve just completed (new motor and re-done from the gunnels up.

Here's some pics.

Bill D

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

Dunn6253

Lieutenant
Thanks for the pics. Whats the 36' going to be used for do you know?

duxbait

Captain
Looks like the same 26 that was for sale a little while ago. Thought the boat was advertised as having had a bunch of work done. Regardless it looks like a sweet little DE

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Great pictures... That's a lot of flat bottom on that 36', she will be able to carry a lot of weight. I'm assuming the 36x15 is taken from the 38/40 mold and shortened? If that's the case, why take length out of a perfectly good hull? Must be for permits or other restrictions?

mudhake

Captain
its the 36 out of the mold, cut and widened. the original hull out of the mold is 13ft.4inches wide. one of Osmond beals small boat wide bodies.

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
It's none of my business, but I'm curious why a guy who wanted/needed a 15' wide boat would not just build their 38'? It would be a lot less work laying up the 38', than widening the 36'. Must be a permit restriction or slip restriction? That is a huge 36' boat, what kind of engine is going in it? Great project.

hmscapecod

Lieutenant
Where do they cut or how do they widen a boat a couple feet? Does this add any length to the boat?

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
its the 36 out of the mold, cut and widened. the original hull out of the mold is 13ft.4inches wide. one of Osmond beals small boat wide bodies.

it popped 4" narrow of 13'8"? and was widened to 15? I agree with powder why not just pop a 38 and shorten it?

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
I got a hunch. :D

Take a good look at the pictures. The 36 just fits in the nice new building the owner has in the backyard of his home.:D

Even if my hunch is wrong does it REALLY matter WHY the owner chose a wide body 36 instead of a 38 ???:confused:

Just enjoy the pictures !!! ;)

Jeeze !!!!

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Even if my hunch is wrong does it REALLY matter WHY the owner chose a wide body 36 instead of a 38 ???:confused:

Jeeze !!!!

When you post up pictures, you've got to expect some curiosity. How do you think guys get to 2,000 posts? (Or in your case, 3.000+ posts) By just enjoying pictures??:D If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Jon Boat

Lieutenant
interesting build

is this a new boat

if new, how could the builder legally use a 6bt cummins that is at best epa tier 1

and if new with this engine i would not want to be even close should the boat get boarded by a just out of school uscg officer

might be a great engine and all but emission regs are what they are

jon

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB

Jeeze !!!!
i got a hunch that the owner feels the 36 which was the 34 Glass Spec is a better looking and riding boat then the 38 ....which had to be stretched to 40 to get it to run good.....just a hunch...like Bill said

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
interesting build

is this a new boat

if new, how could the builder legally use a 6bt cummins that is at best epa tier 1

and if new with this engine i would not want to be even close should the boat get boarded by a just out of school uscg officer

might be a great engine and all but emission regs are what they are

jon

Jon, the 6BT 210 pictured is in an old 26 SISU. No issue.

Top Bottom