36' Harris Cuttyhunk

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
36' Harris Cuttyhunk, not the Harris your thinking of. Only a few made under the Harris name and the mold was sold to Nauset. (now Nauset 36) Cummins 6cta, 420hp approx 5500hrs
TD 507a with trolling valve.
1 3/4" SS Shaft, 29x29 4 blade
3 steering stations
325 Gal fuel
Hydraulics
Dual freq color sounder/plotter, LCD Radar, VHF, Stereo
EPIRB, 6 man raft, Lifejackets, ect.
Freshwater system
Self Contained Head
2 salt water wash down/ bait well pump
Outriggers
9 Verticle Rod holders
16kt cruise, 20WOT
Handlaid hull, very solid. Motor is running but worn out, as reflected in price.
30k obro
IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Helen L

Commander
Tell your old man Tim from Menemsha says hi. That guy is the man!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Nice looking boat! What makes her different then other Harris?

JoFishes

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Seaway, Kinnamon, Carolina
Forgive me but....I'm not familiar with the 6cta...how can it be worn out with just enough hours on it to just "break in" most other diesels???
Saw my old 6076AFM Deere last week. Has over 50k on it and still no rebuild,no smoke and no loss of power....
Please explain....Jo

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
Tell your old man Tim from Menemsha says hi. That guy is the man!

Will do Tim, Just wait until you see the R&A this summer. He's in the middle of a HUGE project. He is a machine isn't he.

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
Forgive me but....I'm not familiar with the 6cta...how can it be worn out with just enough hours on it to just "break in" most other diesels???
Saw my old 6076AFM Deere last week. Has over 50k on it and still no rebuild,no smoke and no loss of power....
Please explain....Jo

5500 hrs is a ballpark guess. When I got the boat the tach had stopped working at 2700, the previous owner said 'that was a couple years ago' and he fished harcore commercial with that boat 11 months a year. Then the boat sat for quite a while, I've had some back yard mechanics tell me the rings probably froze (siezed) and after I started running it again they broke and are letting oil by. Add to that the lack of maintance from the previous owner. All I can say is changing the oil is important. So is checking it.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Bestfish,nice looking boat...any pic of the inside...what type of commercial fishing was it set up for??..

Helen L

Commander
Will do Tim, Just wait until you see the R&A this summer. He's in the middle of a HUGE project. He is a machine isn't he.

I remember him saying he was going to haul out by rail and do some major work. Wait til he sees my boat too! He saw it when I first bought it...looks a lot different now though. Good luck with the sale, that's a sweet deal even for the hull.

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
Update: I'll be around the boat this weekend if anyone wants to make the journey to the end of the Cape. Contact me to make an appointment-

Nautiseadog

Ensign
This boat still for sale??? Besides the engine is there any other problems??? And is it a solid hull or cored???

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
This boat still for sale??? Besides the engine is there any other problems??? And is it a solid hull or cored???
Solid hull, no major issues but it is something of a project. Fish-able but not pretty.

Phoenix37

Lieutenant
Ive been down to see this boat in person. Its built like a tank and a lot of boat for the money.

johng9267

Ensign
john marr 508 347 7761 talk once before would like to make trip to end of cape next friday if okay with you thanks have day off this way don,t have to rush.

Top Bottom