36' Runaway

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
A buddy of mine, a lawyer, was helping Greg's wife out after he passed away. Some shady stuff was supposedly going on with the sale of the boat back then. He got involved, never did find out what finally happened.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
She needs a fresh start. The boat is in Staten Island. I do know it was repowered locally but it never ran as it should with those Cummins.

restless

Rear Admiral
Greg's older Dawn [a Strike 26] had the chair cantallevered out over the water . It looked kind of scary. His charter adds read "FISH THE CHAIR IF YOU DARE"

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
A buddy of mine, a lawyer, was helping Greg's wife out after he passed away. Some shady stuff was supposedly going on with the sale of the boat back then. He got involved, never did find out what finally happened.

The Story as I remember it. Greg died suddenly and broker basically stole it. Too bad because his wife was down and out at the time. He kept that boat pristine. I think she got less than what they are trying to dump it for now. They pulled some kind of scam. It was too long ago to remember, but I remember it was bad.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
From what I understand the broker wasn't advertising or showing the boat, he docked it in some really out of the way place so no one would even see it. I guess when Greg's wife got desperate enough he must have made her a real lowball, take it or leave it, offer. I used to fish now and then with Oscar (and Mary). Greg (and Paul) mated for Oscar when they were younger.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
From what I understand the broker wasn't advertising or showing the boat, he docked it in some really out of the way place so no one would even see it. I guess when Greg's wife got desperate enough he must have made her a real lowball, take it or leave it, offer. I used to fish now and then with Oscar (and Mary). Greg (and Paul) mated for Oscar when they were younger.

I was friendly with them all. We used to be a few slips apart on A dock at Cape Ann Marina. I still run into Oscar rarely. Time finally caught up to him. Last I heard he fell getting off the Marlin and broke a hip. You have the story right. Broker took the boat to Jersey and hid it away. She had bills to pay, there was little money and he stole it from her with a lowball offer. You spurred my memory. I don't think the money he gave her paid the note to be honest. I remember how pissed off I was when I heard the number. I would have given her more and flipped it. Bad scene.

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I fished the USATT back in the late 70's/early 80's with Oscar, he was a character. Took me a while to figure out that shouting was his normal tone of voice. Last time I saw him was at the house in Atlantic Beach, before Mary passed away. Then he moved down to Lido. He's had a bad stretch of luck to say the least. Oscar had asked my friend to help Greg's wife out, but by then things were already too far gone. I don't know who the broker was, but when he gets to the, "pearly gates", he's got some explaining to do!

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
All I know is Beacher was impeccable . I got to know him a bit, but he was a green harbor guy. He was never in Gloucester when I was there. It was a very nice rig and very well thought out. He died a long time ago, so who knows what you will find. If the motors are good and boat is structurally sound, make an offer. They are hard boats to move, and they are telling you it has damamge and vandalism. I am willing to bet it can be bought well short of the ask, judging by recent sales of nicely done runaways. My friend sold his express (same model), in good shape, not perfect for 55. And it was loaded, good electronics, raft, survival gear, new kohler generator, etc. They are solid boats and very good riding. Be a great project.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Top Bottom