Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

joe4852

Lieutenant Commander
I was looking at that the other day, looks like it would make a good boat. 15knt cruise with that cummins?
If you need to move it back home, the kid that moved my Duffy from Texas to the Cape was reasonable and only a 1/ 2 day late :) . I can give you his name and contact. Duffy Arrives on the cape.jpg

I don't think John Williams built this boat. The pictures are not very good but I think this is a Williams 36 built in Chestertown Maryland. The freeboard looks too low for the Stanley hull and the top looks too much like the 36 Williams from Maryland. Two other things to look at if the pictures weren't so bad, the Maryland Williams has no tumblehome and a very raked bow. I think the seller is trying to pull one over or is ignorant to what he has.

First Name
Mike
I have feet on the ground there in the morning and an accepted offer. So if it is the Chestertown what are the drawbacks? She looks well made from some pic's I have.

First Name
Mike
I take it the MD company just has the same Williams name and they build Deadrises. Anyone know the seagoing capability of the William MD boats?

First Name
Mike
This is off the MD site and does look pretty close. Will check her out in the morning. Thanks

The pictures of the two Williams's tell a lot. The Chestertown deadrise should be lighter, is more utilitarian, and suitable for the Chesapeake with a close chop and shallow water. John Williams's boats are more for open water and generally a much better finish, definitely downeast. I would definitely press the seller on why he thinks John Williams built this boat. Good luck.

Top Bottom