38 duffy

tunawishing

Lieutenant Commander
Looking for your knowledge and options on these boats I will be looking one .and I do not know much about them . I am getting very mixed options.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Send Frigate a PM, he has one and I am sure he would be happy to share his thoughts.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I know Dave on tuna.com has a hard time with the boat swing all over it sits different then the rest of the fleet so bad he wants something different but that's what he told me last fall

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
It's one of the larger 38's, but I've heard it's slower and doesn't push as easy as say the 37' Duffy, 38' Flowers, 38' NB. If I was going for a larger 38', the Calvin Beal would be an excellent choice. If you want built down, I like the 38' Lowell Brothers and Flowers.

tunawishing

Lieutenant Commander
this boat is a used boat i am gonna look thanks for the replys .also any opinions on a john deere 6125 525 hp

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Yes, Tuna.Com is a 38' Duffy. I don't have any problems with mine swinging. Maybe it is where the weight on the boat or a small rudder. My rudder is 5.75 square feet.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Here's a picture of the rudder when the boat was being built. At anchor or drifting I can change the position of the boat by moving the rudder. I may be wrong but looking at that boat on YachtWorld before Dave bought it the rudder was smaller than mine.

DSCN0141.jpg

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
I may not be right but I think he added to it. Do you anchor with a ball out for any thing me try to sit about 75 feet back from the ball and his Duffy sucks at it

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
How can a boat suck at anchoring? If the boat lays a certain way you should be able to adjust the rudder or where line is in a chock to get it to lay the way you like to sit. Am I missing something?

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
The thing with tuna.cum is it swings funy and the tide will be out of the north and he faces the south when other boats are face north so the lines run to the bow and in his anchor

twister

Captain
Boat Make
37 Mitchell cove
Strange, that would put me off a boat for sure

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
I know Dave on tuna.com has a hard time with the boat swing all over it sits different then the rest of the fleet so bad he wants something different but that's what he told me last fall
Your not the first person i have heard this from....a freind of mine told me he was talking to dave and he said he is unhappy with that part of the boat......i think Sandro is on this site maybe he can fill us in?

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Your not the first person i have heard this from....a freind of mine told me he was talking to dave and he said he is unhappy with that part of the boat......i think Sandro is on this site maybe he can fill us in?
He would know best he's on the boat more then Dave

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
What most likely is happening is that the wind is grabbing the bow and causing drastic swings. It happened with my RP too on ocassion. It really sucks when the baits are out and the boat swings over them. We overcame by bridling the boat off two points, putting the wind on one fwd quarter or the other. It was a hasssle, but not a reason to sell a boat!

Top Bottom