38 Holland, stick boat

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
yes, love the hollands....with you on the tower. a little scared of the detroit too...but don't know a ton about them, just that they can be loud and burn lots of oil....

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
yes, love the hollands....with you on the tower. a little scared of the detroit too...but don't know a ton about them, just that they can be loud and burn lots of oil....

Self oil changing system.... :-D Between burning and pissing out of every orifice possible. But hey they run forever and then some. I bet that bitch goes 20,000hrs+

The 6-71 that was in my old boat before the repower was supposedly a WWII surplus engine. That SOB didn't even has an hour meter :eek:

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Nice boat. But maybe the reason it's for sale is right in front of us............check out the name!

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
They just dropped the price around 100k, they were asking stupd money for her for about a year. Looks like a nice boat.

jigger80

Lieutenant
They just dropped the price around 100k, they were asking stupd money for her for about a year. Looks like a nice boat.

Hollands seem to command stupid money, especially the 38's. This seems to be a great deal even if a repower is in the near future. Like already mentioned, usually pretty hard to kill these detroits ( especially the naturally aspirated) but trying to keep them from bleeding or smoking out the harbor is another feat altogether.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I love hollands, think they are some of the prettiest boats. Just to watch for delamination around the keel and the bulkhead. I know of two that had some serious issues, but dont get me wrong both boats were used pretty hard.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Hollands seem to command stupid money, especially the 38's. This seems to be a great deal even if a repower is in the near future. Like already mentioned, usually pretty hard to kill these detroits ( especially the naturally aspirated) but trying to keep them from bleeding or smoking out the harbor is another feat altogether.

Block heater will eliminate the smoke on start up. Easy peasy, as they say. Good thing about the V6 is it probably keeps the engine all behind the bulkhead.

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Cant imagine sneaking up on a tuna with a detroit...

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I don't know jack shit about stick boats but that Detroit is probably the best tuna raising motor I've ever seen on the troll. Might be the oil slick behind the boat or the way she rumbles but 6-92's plain old raise fish.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
I don't know jack shit about stick boats but that Detroit is probably the best tuna raising motor I've ever seen on the troll. Might be the oil slick behind the boat or the way she rumbles but 6-92's plain old raise fish.

This has been said by many charter and tournament captains. 2 cycle detroits raise rish

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
I agree especially the one closest to the guy but arnt stick guys allowed to keep fish smaller than 73"?

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Oh alright someone along the line told me stick guys couuld keep something like a 65 incher or something thought it sounded wierd.

Top Bottom