38' Lowell Thoroughbred

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
38' Lowell Thorobred

Excellent article in the new Soundings Magazine about the Lowell Brothers' 38' Thorobred. There is also a sweet picture of the 32' Holland.

Last edited:

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I was able to step aboard Thorobred this summer when I was in Maine picking up my Lowell hull. It is an amazing boat and I don't think any expense was spared in its finish. It is a work of art and the owner was as nice and friendly as can be. I'm the proud owner of the 2nd hull out of the new 38 Lowell molds.

Lowell's

I have a close relationship with the Lowell's. We attend their lobster fest. every year. It was truly amazing to see Jamie, Joe and their crew take the 38 from a design concept to the building of the plug, molds to the end result of Thoroughbred. You knew from the time that the plug took shape that you were looking at a very special boat. I was fortunate to build the wooden ships wheel on Thoroughbred

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Southshore- you do some mighty fine work if you built the wheel for Thorobred. The finish work on that boat is just superb, there are a lot of nice pics of that boat on the Lowell Brothers facebook page.

SameDirection38

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Youngbrothers, and Calvin Beal are the only way to go.
She is at Yankee Marina and Boatyard for the winter. She is a nice looking boat.

Top Bottom