38 nb ....wtb

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Looking to buy a 38nb are there any others out there non cruiser or sedan model besides lobstercatchers and the one f/v destiny Is trying to sell for rblakes??? My friend said there was one for sale in mass but I have been unable to find it on line. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. They seem to be the most efficient and quickest out of the top 5 without going into an unlimited budget. I can't afford a flowers or a Wesmac.

Thanks for the help.

Paul.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
That's what I was afraid off. Ha. I got 5 or 6 months. Something will come up. Thanks for the support eslang...;)

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
Wasn't trying to be a tool
Joke was, we all want more boat than we can afford. It's part of the boating disease:)
Hang in there. The right boat will pop up or just bite the bullet & build the one you want.
Either way, good luck!!

Cr bound

Lieutenant
Looking to buy a 38nb are there any others out there non cruiser or sedan model besides lobstercatchers and the one f/v destiny Is trying to sell for rblakes??? My friend said there was one for sale in mass but I have been unable to find it on line. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. They seem to be the most efficient and quickest out of the top 5 without going into an unlimited budget. I can't afford a flowers or a Wesmac.

Thanks for the help.

Paul.

They have really become a popular in DE world... Good luck.... There are alot of people that want a fast, efficient boat for cheap.

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Try to find a 36 beal a wayne or rp or h&h there a big 36 for the money just as big as a 38 nb if not bigger

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Thanks goog haven't seen too many h&h's for sale. I'll have to do a little more searching. Calvin Beals are big but I heard seen most of them are under powered and don't have much fuel. Depending on brand I would like 500 plus hp and 400 plus fuel. The rest I can mold to what I need over time.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I heard that Hubrus was selling there 38 and in the process of building a 46 wesmac. I'm not sure if it's true or not but worth a shot.

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
I heard that Hubrus was selling there 38 and in the process of building a 46 wesmac. I'm not sure if it's true or not but worth a shot.

From what I understand that is true and I can find out as they are only four miles from me but I got to tell you that boat will not go cheap as it is in excellent condition and I think they had over $60,000 in electronics installed recently .

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Let's help the search a little bit. Here's what i am looking for.
500 plus hp
400 plus gallons of fuel
Generator
2000 or newer boat
36 to 40'feet..
19 plus knot cruise
2nd station
Volvo,cummins,cat.
No fly bridge
Below deck fish boxes
Decent shape, not a lobster boat interior.
Who's got something for my 2014 canyon season.
This is a wish list. 200k budget for the right boat.
Thanks for all the help..... Googin.
Looking for a full cockpit not a sedan or cruiser.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
What kind of range are you expecting to get with 400gls of fuel and a 500 hp pushing 19 kts?

also do you want 400 gallons of useable fuel or a 400 gallon capacity in the fuel tank/s

Last edited:

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Fuel burn should be around 16 to 20 gallons an hour. Like to have at least 14 hours of running. That's at 19 to 20 knots, with more speed if I want to push it. I guess 400 total would be a good start but usable would be nice. 300 mile range I am thinking. But probably be less than that.

Bigho

Lieutenant
With a full canyon load your going to want closer to 600hp. I'm gonna say your going to have to double your budget and take next season off and build a new boat. There's only one 38 available that somewhat meets your wish list and that boat looks to need a bunch of money still to make it what you'll want. The boat Travis built sold for low 300's I believe and that was 5 or so years old.

Top Bottom