38' Young Brothers

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Hoping to make this new project! Talked to the owner she needs a bit of work but a she could be a sweet ride!

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
This boat is in my current harbor. It def does scoot right along. I dont know alot of details on her but for the price, and from what i know of her, thats a good deal for someone who is willing to give her a little love.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
That would be my plan Tuna Fan, owner said the wheel house is pretty low and that at 6' you would be hitting your head. Unfortunately Im 6'4" and my brother 6'5" so top would have to come off. Maybe even add another windows length aft. As I sit here at work on the ship My mind has been running wild with the things that could be done to this boat. She a nice Hull with a decent motor and could be a really cool project. If I make a move I hope all you DE junkies can give me some pointers on the best way to go about the beautification.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Nice boat, but be ready to reporter her. Has 8500 hours I heard.

Yea I heard the same. Seems every boat in my price range needs to be repowered gonna give her a good look and try to price everything. I really like that 36 bhm Hookie but that ford scares me more than a Volvo with 8500hrs. Gonna go look at them both when I get off this ship Thursday! Got excited about a project but being at sea 8 months of the year the project could take a decade. Luckily Eastporter finds at least 1-2 good deals a day, my boat is bound to show up one of these days!

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Yea I heard the same. Seems every boat in my price range needs to be repowered gonna give her a good look and try to price everything. I really like that 36 bhm Hookie but that ford scares me more than a Volvo with 8500hrs. Gonna go look at them both when I get off this ship Thursday! Got excited about a project but being at sea 8 months of the year the project could take a decade. Luckily Eastporter finds at least 1-2 good deals a day, my boat is bound to show up one of these days!

Where I got 27,000 on a high turning Volvo, 8500hrs is nothing if maintained and not beat on. I'd be out of business if 8500 hrs was repower time.

There were a few of those that fished around me over the years. They are part of the downeast tradition.

paddyboy

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
30'young bros.(sold)38'young bros.
Go for it!!! I'm happy with my 38' Volvo powered Young Bros. Classic nice riding efficient down east. If you have any questions I might be able to help with post or pm me

image.jpg

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Some of you guys might think those boats are high priced when they need some work, but the YB hulls are wicked efficient. An important consideration and an easy pushing boat is easier on the engine too. And you can't beat the looks of a 38 YB w/ a long trunk and short house IMO.

chasintail

Commander
Boat Make
bruno35'
its worth whatever someones willing to pay TODAY ! lot of deals ... the fish show up there yet ? I like the boat .

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I was out of town but I heard they were shooting f/ Wicked Tuna here this week and no action. Just stock footage of dragging bait and some bycatch.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
PaddyBoy your rig is beautiful I will definitely be in touch if I got for it. Just trying to figure out how much needs to be done as well as cost to turn her into a tuna boat. So far it needs a new wheel house, and bigger fuel tank ( shes only has 1 -130gal tank above deck under the gunwale in the stern. she could probably use a new deck (to get bigger fuel tanks under and tie in the house a little better also see if I could get a fish box in and though she doesnt need the new motor right away. I would probably make sure there would be sufficient space to put a few more horses in there at some point (I dont mind the slow ride but the guys I fish with are from the DARK SIDE of rocket ship center consoles and finding a crew could prove tough at 13kts) This is what I have come up with just having talked to the owner. Im sure you guys have already thought of 100 other things im over looking. Im looking to get to the Canyon on my terms however at 24 years old Im on a pretty tight budget and im constantly being told to buy a house? not a boat! My girlfriend of 6 years will probably KILL me when I pull up to her parents dock in a beat up 38 Young Brothers thats been through 27 years of hard labor but I think Im willing to risk it. Ill post some picture when I go look at her on friday, gonna have to sneak up to the north shore while shes working. Thanks for the Feedback all and Ill get some photos up ASAP.

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom