38 Young Brothers.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
fine looking boat, agree whole heartedly, that boats cabin is perfect, not to far forward like some .

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
Its got the cockpit space of a 32 BHM. You can probly stack the same amount of gear on both boats, That is the only thing that sucks about having the house that far back. If you arent gonna work it though, I suppose it isnt an issue.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
Its got the cockpit space of a 32 BHM. You can probly stack the same amount of gear on both boats, That is the only thing that sucks about having the house that far back. If you arent gonna work it though, I suppose it isnt an issue.

older lobster boats were even further back , that 38 is at the perfect spot, appearance wise, plus you can't compare the ride of a 32 to38, i'll take the 38 any day, you'll never get the bhm to sail like the YB, which in my opinion also improves the ride in choppy sea, it's also a skeg boat which is a big difference in the chop where I fish, there are guys with 45' mdi here that prefer a 40' YB for the ride if all you want is deck space , then might as well have a Novi.

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
If it floats we will be glad to work on it.

Maybe you missed the davit on the hauling side, the hot tank, and the cull tray.

Last edited:

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
The YB 38' was the first DE hull I fell in love with. How was that boat in a head sea? I've heard differing opinions, only ever been on a 33', was a little stiff.

Shellene Too was a little on the heavy side so she great in any weather. Some of the lighter ones pound a bit. When you start hitting 40+ mph they handle like a skiff.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
That is a beauty! I love the look of the Young Brothers boats. The twins had some sweet looking 45s too.

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
With any luck and lots of work there will be a 38 in my future. Powered by a FPT C-13 or the C-16 when it comes out. I have already done the estimate, electrical diagram, and system schematics. All I need now is money, but she is one pretty boat on paper.

Last edited:

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
Not to much bigger. It is going to be the same footprint just a little taller. 32 inch wheel is the max. I have never bothered to figure out the wheel.

Last edited:

SameDirection38

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Youngbrothers, and Calvin Beal are the only way to go.
With any luck and lots of work there will be a 38 in my future. Powered by a FPT C-13 or the C-16 when it comes out. I have already done the estimate, electrical diagram, and system schematics. All I need now is money, but she is one pretty boat on paper.

Not to re-hash an old thread, but how did you do your estimate? and sorry man but you need a hobby.

YankeeFPT

Commander
Website
www.yankeemarina.com
Boat Make
I will not discuss details of my estimate due to the fact there are lot of quotes from vendors. I will say it is in the $400,000 range. Keep in mind this boat would be a cruiser with the purpose of cruising to the races, doing tours of the coast of Maine (My retirement plan). 24VDC generator, Vacuflush head system, pretty heavy electronics package, and all composite construction (no wood). I also priced the labor as Yankee Marina and Boatyard finishing it off.

As far as getting a hobby this is it, and I don't have much time for anything else. It has been a fun project and a great learning experience. The next one I will do will be a 30 Calvin Beal with a FPT NEF 67-570. It will be more of a budget package.

MH 942

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Crowley
Looks like he had a pulpit on her in the past. Stick many fish with that boat?

chevy18717

Lieutenant
Boat Make
BHM
was that the Sarah jean out of Newburyport? what happened to the pulpit

Top Bottom