4.5 northern lights generator for partial trade

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
My 31 ft boat was purchased with this generator on the back deck . Although my boat is up for sale . I'm thinking the space it takes up , isn't worth the convienence of having a gen. It has never truly bothered me, just always felt it is unnecessary . My boat is equipped with ac , heat , a couple of 110 outlets, etc. i have 3 large bank batteries and three other auxiliary batts, along with an inverter. I only ever ran the ac at the doc nights when I'm hiding from the old lady . I honestly only run the the gen to keep everything moving and up to snuff. I think it's a little overkill for the type and size boat it is. I'm contemplating just removing it to free up space . It has 100hrs on it.
Ok due to lack of time to mess with it , I'd be willing to barter some of its worth for work on my boat. In other words , deck paint to erase the fact it was there, and some rod holder reinforceing. Just putting it it out there to anyone who might have the need , and has time to spare, along with glass , and gell coat skills.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Luggar/ northern lights gen.
Generator box has a brand new cushion , and top has a custom table with drink holders. Gen has a oil pump for quick changes also. Fires up with ease and is very quite. It would be the whole package . Wires , connections , right down to a new starting batt. It would certainly have to be taken off neatly and repair work done professionally. I just barely have the time to even stop at the boat once in a while this year. What a waist, but I'm hopeing things slow down enough to enjoy life. The irony is I'm looking at a bigger boat. A drug habit would probably be more logical, and way cheaper. ;)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
Would you consider $? If so please PM me, thanks.
Sorry it's not worth it to me just to unbolt, rip out and sell it. I know that sounds strange. The problem is I'm a contractor, if I had the time to do the work I'm sure I could get more comfortable with glass and gell coat. Right now I barely have time to even step on the boat. I'm hopeing Sundays will free up soon.
I was putting it out there hopeing one of the guys who who is capable would meet me on a Sunday, make an offer , show up Monday remove it gently, Tuesday start working ( reinforcing some rod holder , repaint deck, etc. ) then offer a little cash.
I know crazy right, someone actually showing up , and doing what they said they would, but that was my thought. I was thinking it may be a beneficial deal to the right guy.

Top Bottom