40' Lowell Brothers boat emerges

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
That hull is one of my favorite designs. I'd love to hear comparisons to the Wesmac when you sea trial. Congrats!!

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Brian,

Good luck with this new build, looking forward to seeing it come along. How was the season this year and did the boat and equipment meet your expectations? Finally how many of those BB fisherman in those aluminum hulls or northwest fiberglass seiners asked you "What kind of boat is this"?

Thanks,

Dave

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
That hull is one of my favorite designs. I'd love to hear comparisons to the Wesmac when you sea trial. Congrats!!

I'm also interested to see how it compares to the Wesmac 38. This Lowell will have the same engine, reduction, prop, and should weigh about exactly the same- so I'm excited to see how they compare. I know the Lowell will have a softer head-sea ride, but how it will compare in other areas I don't know. The 38 Wesmac was an extremely impressive performing hull, but I think this Lowell is going to be a grand slam.

Brian,

Good luck with this new build, looking forward to seeing it come along. How was the season this year and did the boat and equipment meet your expectations? Finally how many of those BB fisherman in those aluminum hulls or northwest fiberglass seiners asked you "What kind of boat is this"?

Thanks,

Dave

This season in Cook Inlet was pretty good for me, the price was the best we have seen in 25 yrs, so that really helped make up for the less than stellar run. All in all I was happy with the money, and the 38 Wesmac was an animal. It was truly impressive and helped me make money. If the Lowell is better in the head sea ride and is as good as the Wesmac in all other criterias, then I will have to declare it the perfect boat ;). The best hulls are built in Maine, and the Lowell and Wesmac designs (and others) are just awesome boats. I had a lot of fisherman come up to me and compliment how nice the boat looked both at rest and running through the water.

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I just saw the Thorobred sitting in the water. It was hull #1 of the new 38 Lowell. Words cannot describe the beauty and quality of that boat. I know there are really nice downeast boats out there, but I can't imagine a more beautiful downeast in existence- it's that nice. All my dad and I could say to describe it were words like "unbelievable", "incredible", "WOW". The bow of the 38 Lowell is just drop dead gorgeous. I've never seen a more beautiful and graceful downeast boat.

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Here is an updated drawing of the 40' pilothouse. I really like the lines on this drawing.

I like this picture of my dad, Jamie Lowell, Joe Lowell, and myself (left to right). I could talk with Jamie and Joe all day about boat designs, they are some really great guys. If anyone is looking for a new downeast boat, I would give these guys a call.

40 Lowell Pilot.jpg

lowell 40f.jpg

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Brian,Nice.....you got the old man sucked into another one....lol......they can't resist a new boat

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Brian,Nice.....you got the old man sucked into another one....lol......they can't resist a new boat

Ya, but this is going to be the last one... seriously. Well unless I ever had the money to build a 46 Wesmac with a 900hp Iveco, then he would come out of retirement :D.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Ya, but this is going to be the last one... seriously. Well unless I ever had the money to build a 46 Wesmac with a 900hp Iveco, then he would come out of retirement :D.
There's always the year after.....lol.....I wish you guys all the best.....can't wait to see her come together

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
There's always the year after.....lol.....I wish you guys all the best.....can't wait to see her come together

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm pretty confident this is the best hull I could get to cut through the rough water I have to deal with in Alaska. Jamie Lowell said their top priority was designing a soft, comfortable riding hull. I think they hit a home run, it is a beautiful hull with a big, deep bow. I like doing business with such great people too.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm pretty confident this is the best hull I could get to cut through the rough water I have to deal with in Alaska. Jamie Lowell said their top priority was designing a soft, comfortable riding hull. I think they hit a home run, it is a beautiful hull with a big, deep bow. I like doing business with such great people too.
She definitely has great lines......I know what you mean about doing business.....that's how I felt about Wayne Beal shop.....just great guys

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
I meant to ask......do you have to change the trailer or will it be the same for this hull

Top Bottom