40' Osmond Beal SALVAGE

Ernie

Commander
That picture of the aft travel lift sling sunk into the keel made me say she’s going in to a dumpster

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
I want to know what the hell happened to that poor boat and why it got it that bad before somebody got to it.
Somebody has to know the story but my guess is she sat on whatever ledge/rock she hit for quite some time before being salvaged. Agreed with others…..I think there’s an excavator in her future. Just too much, buy a kit from HnH if you want an Osmond 40’

dirwood

Lieutenant
Boat Make
30ft South Shore, 220hp cummins
Boat is from Vinalhaven, went ashore on the back shore of North Haven, sat there for several days and took quite a pounding. Got some pictures I will try and find to post. Believe it had just been repowered with a new CAT, quite a shame.

dirwood

Lieutenant
Boat Make
30ft South Shore, 220hp cummins
Got a decent video of it getting thrashed a couple days later during a blow, cant seem to load the video on here though. Hate to see any boat end up like that, sad ending for sure. I was on the ship when it went ashore but flew into Rockland the night they towed it into Journeys End and it was completely thrashed. If anyone wants the video shoot me a PM and I will send it along.

tuna_fan

Captain
First Name
Eric
Cooper Capital will hold it for years until someone comes along with 10K and buys the thing...then realizes their mistake. what a shame.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom