41 Duffy

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
That boat fished out of shark river A LOT of years ago, if i remember correctly is first showed up in the early 80's and came from NY, had to trap tray/tank across the stern with a remote operated trap door on the bottom to dump the catch(shorts) when the law was in pursuit :rolleyes:. Was on the hard in Bry's storage yard for many years. I've heard it likes to roll a bit.

BunkerMan

Commander
Nice find

Well done jersey that's gonna be a great project for the right person. What a beast !! Iv never seen a 41 Duffy in person that would finish out nice as a rec boat for me and the fam!! I wish I lived in maine and had a big shed like some of the guys on here have. It might take me 4 years but she would be really nice when I was done.

Ditchdigger

Captain
That boat fished out of shark river A LOT of years ago, if i remember correctly is first showed up in the early 80's and came from NY, had to trap tray/tank across the stern with a remote operated trap door on the bottom to dump the catch(shorts) when the law was in pursuit :rolleyes:. Was on the hard in Bry's storage yard for many years. I've heard it likes to roll a bit.
You are correct. Sat on the hard at Brys Marina in Neptune for 10 Yrs. ? Always drove by and checked it out. It is a Beast. Has not seen water in 10 Yrs. or more ? Lot's of hull to play with for the right price.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
What is the difference between the 41 and 42? Wonder if the 42 top would work? I am ure these topsides are shot.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
You are correct. Sat on the hard at Brys Marina in Neptune for 10 Yrs. ? Always drove by and checked it out. It is a Beast. Has not seen water in 10 Yrs. or more ? Lot's of hull to play with for the right price.

I've known all the owners of that boat since it showed up in shark river except the last one, believe it had a 8-71 in it in the beginning must just be a hull now, i believe it was last owned by Bry's for the storage fees owed on it. I used to own the corner property & dock just east of bry's yard and ramp i think the guy has a tiki bar there now. If you've been around the river for any time i bet i know ya :D.

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
I've known all the owners of that boat since it showed up in shark river except the last one, believe it had a 8-71 in it in the beginning must just be a hull now, i believe it was last owned by Bry's for the storage fees owed on it. I used to own the corner property & dock just east of bry's yard and ramp i think the guy has a tiki bar there now. If you've been around the river for any time i bet i know ya :D.

i spoke with the owner of the boat last night. it had a 671, has 2 fuel tanks of 250 each, shaft, rudder, soft deck, nothing down below as it was all torn out, boat has been sitting for 7 years but the hull is rock solid. he suggested cutting off the wheelhouse and basically starting over. steering is in the boat as well. the hauler and gear has been removed. he has no other pictures to email. :eek:

said all plumbing and electric has to be done of which...i am sure anyone who buys a boat like this would do.

guy from CT as well as guy from Maryland looking at boat today...but we are suppose to get a ton of snow here today...so who knows if they will show up.

as in previous boats listed...it may be cheaper to go with a new hull.

said with a 671 he did 12 to 14 knots...... i thought that was pretty good for a single 671:cool:

just my opinion...

then again....i also look at Good Chances duffy before he bought it and I walked away and that thing was incredible when he sold it:lol:

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
If anyone is interested in the boat i'm only ten miles from it and have a camera ............

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
What is the difference between the 41 and 42?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Lol. If you could put a 42 top on this hull it would make it a better deal.

paddyboy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
30'young bros.(sold)38'young bros.
41' Duffy

Worked on this boat when it was new, Brooklyn N.Y. Circa 1982. Boat had a 8-71 Detroit and an original North Star 6000 loran. A eastern welding pot hauler with a hydraulic ram for the davit. We fished 900 wood half rounds, most of the gear was fished "flat", that is without bouys, we'd grapple the trawls in the channel, 50 pot strings if memory holds true. Lots of cut and run to avoid the ships in the narrows under the Verrazano bridge. I'm still in touch w the original owner, maybe I can scare up some pics. Fun days indeed, I can still hear his voice in my head yelling "two hands like a boxer Paddy" exhorting me to pick the pot faster.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Worked on this boat when it was new, Brooklyn N.Y. Circa 1982. Boat had a 8-71 Detroit and an original North Star 6000 loran. A eastern welding pot hauler with a hydraulic ram for the davit. We fished 900 wood half rounds, most of the gear was fished "flat", that is without bouys, we'd grapple the trawls in the channel, 50 pot strings if memory holds true. Lots of cut and run to avoid the ships in the narrows under the Verrazano bridge. I'm still in touch w the original owner, maybe I can scare up some pics. Fun days indeed, I can still hear his voice in my head yelling "two hands like a boxer Paddy" exhorting me to pick the pot faster.

Boat was white & grey color if i remember correctly ??? at least thats what color it was when it got to shark river. Yup those NS big blue box with the bright red numbers !!!

Top Bottom