42' charter fishing boat - $20000 (OLD SAYBROOK,CT.)

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Alison Tuna

Captain
Boat Make
Privateer
I looked at this boat 2 years ago. Every couple of years he says he is going to sell it. Then takes if off the market. Kind of like me with my Privateer... Lol

Inside hull look s clean and tight. Wheelhouse can use some updating but it's a nice investing hull.

harris 28

Lieutenant
Capt. Bob

Hey El Mar....Thats it....!!!! Go get her ,your ship has come in!!! Dont let er go!!! I can picture you on the bridge....HURRY before someone snatches her up!!! MAYDAY,MAYDAY...S.O.S....S.O.S

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

harris 28

Lieutenant
speed

El Mar....well,wrestling with speeds of 16 to 18 knts.?.....now you have saved a lot of time in your search for a D.E. boat...now you can eliminate 70 % of the market!!!!

harris 28

Lieutenant
head sea

El mar....No , you dont have to go out in a tight head sea but some day you will have to come back in one!!!!

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make

woodworks

Lieutenant
I swear,some of you guys "can't see the forest cause of the trees".While the house may not be asthetically pleasing,the hull is a thing of beauty.She was originally launched with an open bridge and canvas enclosure.(not any better looking) If you look closer at the hull (if memory serves me correctly) shes
built down with a hard chine aft.(aka 37' Duffy?? Wesmac?? ) I also seem to remember her 6-71 was rated @ 250-300hp) one of 3 DD 6-71 I have come across where the oil
always remained "clear". Think of a popular 42' today with that amount of HP
@12-15 POB on board run her @ 1600rpm and run 13-14kts.That hull pushes effortlessly.Awesome seaboat. Why someone didn't take a mold off her years ago I'll never know.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Agreed - look past the aesthetically awkward wheelhouse....hull's pretty sharp looking, vicious looking downeast...I'd pimp that.

offshore31

Captain
El Mar

I just went from 24kt cruise to 16kt cruise. To tell you the truth, I kind of like slowing down. Can walk around the boat while cruising. Fuel bill is 1/2 what it used to be. Drifts much nicer than the blackfin. Although its still too early for me to have an informed opinion of DE's, so far I like the slower pace.

On a diff note, I sometime fish a friends boat out of (I think its) port Clinton, first marina in the harbor. Are you out of that marina?

greg

Captain
I used to take my parker 25 offshore, and while it could cruise in the low 20's in the sound I rarely got it over 18 knots in the ocean, and frequently a lot less.

The pounding on every third wave would just get to you.

So now I do 15 and can drink a cup of coffee and rig lines on the way out. Sure it takes a while to make 80-100 nm, but we still get there, and back, on a LOT more days than we could have in the parker weather wise.

I think this boat could look killer with the right paint and wrap. You could make it look like a pocket destroyer or a minesweeper with a little glass work.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I swear,some of you guys "can't see the forest cause of the trees".While the house may not be asthetically pleasing,the hull is a thing of beauty.She was originally launched with an open bridge and canvas enclosure.(not any better looking) If you look closer at the hull (if memory serves me correctly) shes
built down with a hard chine aft.(aka 37' Duffy?? Wesmac?? ) I also seem to remember her 6-71 was rated @ 250-300hp) one of 3 DD 6-71 I have come across where the oil
always remained "clear". Think of a popular 42' today with that amount of HP
@12-15 POB on board run her @ 1600rpm and run 13-14kts.That hull pushes effortlessly.Awesome seaboat. Why someone didn't take a mold off her years ago I'll never know.

" Why someone didn't take a mold off her years ago I'll never know"

The 8 foot beam could be another turn off?

Top Bottom