42 Duffy - Gorgeous

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Agreed, that's an amazing boat.

I am sure, however, three quarters of the guys on here if they did buy such a vessel would cut that tower off before they even took delivery!

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
For sale forever. It is a spectacular looking boat. Must be something to it. The price doesnt' seem too out of line , considering what it would cost brand new from Atlantic.

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
The problem with the boat is the location. No one in Texas, or most of if not all of the south, is looking for a down east boat like that.

bestfish

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
36' Harris Cuttyhunk
The problem with the boat is the location. No one in Texas, or most of if not all of the south, is looking for a down east boat like that.

Unless they have taste! And FYI that boat has been up north more than down south and the ad says delivery available. It has been listed on here as well, I passed it in the marina in Galveston last week and it stands out from the 'sport fish' boats. I bet anybody here would take that over the same size hatteras, ocean, ect any day.

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
For that price, in todays market, you can buy a lot of boat. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice boat. But if you can afford to pay that much, you can afford one with twin diesels, the fuel bill that comes with it, that is just as much a battleship, only twice as fast. The name of the game south of Mass is speed. Bring that boat to Maine, leave it there, and it'll sell, but in the south, the only looks it's going to get are curiosity.

Brakeforhake

Lieutenant Commander
wicked roll?

wouldn't any boat with a tower roll? kind of what you get if you want a nice tower, has nothing to do with the boat. Looks to be one of the prettyiest well laid out looking boats I have seen. Super clean stuff my dreams are made of

Squider42

Lieutenant Commander
Yes, any boat with a tower will roll more than one without a tower, extra weight up high just increases the roll. It is just the nature of the beast with a Duffy with its rounded chines and built down hull, but when you are traveling in nasty sea conditions you will be happy to have those rounded chines and built down hull. I do not think you will find many people who say it is not one of the best rough water hulls there is.

Top Bottom