42 Duffy sportfish

BSEA

Commander
Great looking boat. Certainly seemed to be attractively/aggressively priced. CONGRATS.

Kirby

Lieutenant
First Name
Bob
Boat Make
42' Wesmac
FishHappens, where about are you on Bass River? I had a slip out of Ship Shops on Bass River for 10+ years, 38’ Duffy.

Kirby

Lieutenant
First Name
Bob
Boat Make
42' Wesmac
Ok, I thought that was you! Congratulations! The 42’ is 6” wider than my 38’. You will definitely have to grease the pilings to fit her in that slip! Plenty of room to move the pilings on your starboard side. Your neighbors won’t mind, RIGHT!!!!! Already been down that path……

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Fishhappens please post performance numbers after seatrial. The numbers in the add are very good and much better than similar size hard chine hulls. Hoping for you the broker knows the boat. Best of luck I would have been all over this boat if in the market!

morgan1727

Commander
Talking to a finisher years back, his thoughts were the Duffy 42 hull was a little more efficient than a hard chine in the same size. He also said that adding weight to it would not drop efficiency or speed as much as it would a hard chine.

What do you guys think about that theory?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Talking to a finisher years back, his thoughts were the Duffy 42 hull was a little more efficient than a hard chine in the same size. He also said that adding weight to it would not drop efficiency or speed as much as it would a hard chine.

What do you guys think about that theo

I would say that there’s more flotation in this design over a wesmac or similar. Not sure if it’s enough to make much of a difference in speed. If anything I would think a wesmac would do better at higher speeds and a built down boat like this would do better at slower speeds because of the V design of the wesmac. But I don’t have enough time on either design to say that for sure. Very curious on the outcome of sea trials. I have always loved these hulls. They are kind of the OG in the bigger class

Latest Posts

Top Bottom