42 Glass Spec

captcod

Lieutenant
this boat has fished out of chatham for the last 15 years and done very very well at gill netting, tub trawling and has been a hiline tuna boat the whole time. the owner has some serious health problems and i never thought i would see this boat listed for such a low price. definitely not your 18kt boat some of you guys are after but she is a very capable boat that has fished some serious weather. i really like the big john deere it has also....detuned to 450hp if i remember correctly.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
This was listed as sold a few weeks ago and then relisted. There is also another one listed finished by Farrins that has almost twice the asking.:eek:

The Farrins almost looks like a derelict boat that hasn't seen water in years.

My buddy just bought a 42 for about 75k. The bottom has fallin out of the 42 market for some reason. Very costly to operate and lots of them are real slow.

!!!!!!JUST WHAT I"M LOOKIN FOR!!!!!!!

captcod

Lieutenant
it is the rug rats and did have a GM very long ago but the current owner put the big deere in 8 or 10 years ago i believe. great boat for a lot of commercial uses with a great powerplant especially detuned like it is.....

Sparky

Lieutenant
Boat Make
42' Glasspec, 450 John Deere
Its a work boat, but I'll get it cleaned up and lookin sharp.

Sparky

Lieutenant
Boat Make
From what I can tell, the hull was built in Surry ME, then finished in Bar Harbor by Phillip Corson custom boats in 92. For a Michael Desmond and the original name was Kerry Anne, which changed to rugrats in 97 when Bob bought it. I like the name and will keep it since I've got a couple rugrats of my own.

Sparky

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I glassed down a bed and got the genny bolted down and plumbed, still got some wiring to do. Once this weather breaks, I'll get the gillnet gear off it, relocate the hydraulic tank and build a station just aft of the cabin starboard side with hauler. Rework the mast, add lights and my greenstick, cut in a fish door, cut down the raised rails, rework the deck box.

captcod

Lieutenant
to say bob caught a few giants with that boat would be a vast understatement........

jim

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
48ft Dixon
Sparky congrats on pickin up a great boat. I was a little late getting in a bid in on her but wound up with a 42 H&H with a similar layout. Good luck with the work ahead Im lookin forward to seeing how she turns out. Keep us posted. I have alot of similar work to do but cant start until July. Need to add a genny, add a fish box, add a hauler and boom winch, tuna door, rod holders, outriggers and a greenstick. Now that I look at that list in print I need a drink!

Sparky

Lieutenant
Boat Make
I know, right. My kids will need a head, and I forgot to put rod holders on my last list. Did you buy that hnh with the Volvo? That couldn't be had until July?

Top Bottom