42 Glassspec

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
Saw this on facebook:

For sale. Fv rug rats Chatham ma.this is a 42 glasspec,with a john deer 12.5 liter 450 HP.2_1 zf gear 309.
I have kept up on the boat for owner and fished it on Georges Bank for the last 3 years.
I started on this boat around 15 years ago. We had a 871 then . 5 years later we had a small stack fire.Bob decided to repower and make it more user-friendly. A lot was done: new wheel house,winn windows,new engine beds,deck,bulkheads,500 gallon fuel tank. Went from split wheel hou...se to full. Set up for gillnetting and tuna fishing. Crosley 32 net lifter, also long line hauler, quick connects . Use hauler for tuna also. The fish hold could be converted to live tank easily. The boat originally was an open stearn for lobestring.
The split wheelhouse would be easy to convert, although I have had no problem hauling from where I am and it's nice to have a full wheelhouse in winter.
Nice table and benches for crew.
Comes with 60 used gillnets 6.5 to 7"- in great shape,17 brand new re hangs.
all ground lines anchors highfliers balls.
aluminum net box.
also long line gear some swizel gear. All in great shape, was used for had docking at Georges.
Also three tuna set ups Penn 130,s with custom rods, assorted tuna tackle, electric rod reel.
Also cod jigging rod., electronics top of line furuno Navy net 12".
Furuno sounder.
ICOM 504.sky mate with laptop.
This boat is a FIRE SALE at 87.5!!!!
Bob is sick and needs to sell. That's why everything goes.
This boat is a machine.the only reason I am here today is because that boat got me home when I did not think I was going to make it .
Boat is listed on Athearn marine's web site, but if want to know anything about boat or sea trial you can call me anytime .
Doug 774_994_0593.

I have no affiliation

Last edited:
Top Bottom