42' Provincial Trawler

sailor of fortune

Rear Admiral
First Name
Jack
Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
You don't want that boat. It has been bastardized by clueless owners. excessive weight was built into it by the first owner, and ballast has been added by the second owner to "fix" the problems. It has been well maintained and appeared to be in great shape. I was aboard it last year on the hard.
I can't remember all the details but Provincial was against most of the first owners wishes.

hsailor2002

Ensign
More info please

I have looked at this boat several times in the water, and being an old grey tired sailor it impressed me as a serious rough water cruising trawler for my last days. I know the owner is a character, but regarding the boat itself the fit and finish of the interior is high quality, the systems have been maintained very well, and I was quite interested in it. I know about the added ballast, done to dampen the roll I was told. It is a bit of an issue, but I did not see it as a show stopper considering the full keel design. The boat sits level on the waterline so balance does not seem bad. It is very well equipped for 2 person cruising. All boats of this type with a flybridge are going to roll excessively. I'd think that any lobster boat hull design will not be terribly happy with the added weight of the superstructure, but I had a Prairie that was way too top heavy and way too much windage, so it comes with the style. I have seen an awful lot of worse boats for the money, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on why you feel it is so bad. Drop me a private e-mail if you wish. I certainly would appreciate your research.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
from the description on the ended ebay auction
"Picture bad weather information and finding yourself punching into the Gulf Stream in NNE winds of 20+ knots"

yeah she's a tough one !!!

Last edited:

Ditchdigger

Captain
42' Provincial

If it seems too good to be true, It is !
Please let potential buyers know ALL The BAD STUFF !! Many potential buyers may be willing to travel thousand mile + to see a boat that was described Much different than the boat when the prospective buyer shows up after he laid out a grand Just To See the boat which was Mis-represented by the owner or the broker.
Case in point, this boat looks worth investigating. POSTS tell me differently.
HONESTY is THE BEST POLICY ! The TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. From getting Mother F---ed on the internet. LAY it ALL out there from the Beginning. Don't put Lipstick on a Pig. OBAMA did that with his health care. PLEASE DON'T Put YOURSELF in His CATEGORY !!!! This is an UPRIGHT SITE !!!!!

Top Bottom