42 provincial

cartman

Ensign
Hey guys i'm new to the site and i need some info on a 42 provincial. I cant find any reviews on these boats thanks

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Hey guys i'm new to the site and i need some info on a 42 provincial. I cant find any reviews on these boats thanks

They don't have a good reputation.

They were sold for very little money. If that is passed along in the resale and it is what you want... I went out on one of my buddies and I thought it was a pretty nice boat for what he paid.

traditions

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 Holland
Theres hundreds of them out there.Thats all they fish up in PEI.Look on youtube,search setting day on PEI.Seems like hundreds coming thru a canal.They are mostly all solid glass,hull,house and deck.Most have the house jammed way forward,and have bulkheads every 6 or 8 feet.The engine is out in the middle of the work deck.Some use the hull for the fuel tanks.There have had a few in my area,and they seemed like good boats.The ones I have seen for sale lately seem kind of high priced.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Lobstercatcher- Are you thinking about Donnelle's? The Provincials are built like brick shithouses. There are some shitty boats from up there but Provincials are not one of them. I fished on a brand new one in PEI, even did some work on it, installing electronics and other minor stuff. I loved the boat and would buy one in a minute. Magna, Donnelle, Hutt and Guimond I have heard some stories about. Brand new they are like 250k. Pretty far from cheap for a plain Lobster boat

Last edited:

GLA

Commander
They don't have a good reputation.

They were sold for very little money. If that is passed along in the resale and it is what you want... I went out on one of my buddies and I thought it was a pretty nice boat for what he paid.

I don't know where you received your information, provincials are nice boats, all glass, solid construction. Like the above post maybe you are thinking of another builder. they all do look very similar from that region.

cartman, if you have any questions just let me know, I own one and am very happy with it.

tunawishing

Lieutenant Commander
they are a very well built boat there are a lot of them around also they are one of they oldest builder in canada .call them now see if you can get one built you cant they are booked . everybody has there opinions go for a ride and see what you think .

To be honest with you I would go for the 42 mussel ridge It would be a better ride

Made In Maine!!!!

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
I fished on a 42 out of Hampton N.H.during hurricane season and i found the boat to be made well.....a little bare bones....swivel rod holders a pot hauler and a forward v berth..Thats it.....but the boat rode great.....and 15kts with a 375 3208

manni-yunk

Commander
Ive been on a 45 - but not a 42.

Im interested in the 42, but how does it compare. She seems a little light on the beam (length to beam ratio - especially compared to the 45. I think the 42 is only 13.2')

Anyone spend any time on one? At anchor or running?

Last edited:

GLA

Commander
comparing the two , the 45 ft is a much bigger boat than the 42, it gains 2.5 ft in beam and three ft in length. side by side the 45 is a much bigger boat.

the 45 that I know takes 1000 hp to push it 20 knts at 35 gph
the 42 pushes with 600 hp 15.5 knts at 16 gph

at 9 knts the 42 gets 3mpg burns 3gph

they are both nice boats, all glass, no wood, heavily built,

I am not sure where you are from, but if you want to go for a ride in the NJ area let me know.

manni-yunk

Commander
comparing the two , the 45 ft is a much bigger boat than the 42, it gains 2.5 ft in beam and three ft in length. side by side the 45 is a much bigger boat.

the 45 that I know takes 1000 hp to push it 20 knts at 35 gph
the 42 pushes with 600 hp 15.5 knts at 16 gph

at 9 knts the 42 gets 3mpg burns 3gph

they are both nice boats, all glass, no wood, heavily built,

I am not sure where you are from, but if you want to go for a ride in the NJ area let me know.

Im in NJ -Im very interested in a 42 - possibly one used, possibly having one built. I am a little concerned about the beam. I kind of wish it was a little wider, but I want to see how she drifts, sits at anchor, and handles a rough sea.

I have a 33 Bert - and 1 thing I can say is that although she rocks and rolls....and I mean really rolls - I never have to worry if the boat can handle it. She has proven over the last (almost) 10 years to handle any sea that we might accidentally be in. Drifting (uncomfortably) for shark, anchored in the canyons, etc and now mostly diving.

Do you have a 42 Provincial? What else can you tell me about it? - How long have you had it?

Last edited:

tunawishing

Lieutenant Commander
I have a 42 provincial I have been on a lot of boats and would say it is a very soild boat. Raider ron the one you are talking about in boston was mine that chuck is going to do

chuggy

Lieutenant
I have a port side helm. It's not as bad as advertised.

Top Bottom