45 magna marine

dave fuller

Lieutenant
Is this considered a novi boat? Also is this hull good for offshore like a Dixon 45?

Tmccar1

Lieutenant
Website
www.EastCoastWreckDiving.com
Boat Make
Magna
Is this considered a novi boat? Also is this hull good for offshore like a Dixon 45?

Yes it's a novi. More specifically a Northumberland Straight Style. I own one. She's awesome in the snot. High flared bow keeps most of the green water from coming over the bow. She eats up steep chop and sits beam to like a duck (this was important for me because we run a dive boat and most of our day is at anchor).

Just check the cockpit deck if you're looking at one. Apparently there were some made on the cheap through a govt contract with delaminating issues on the deck. Also considering raising or clamshelling the forward through hull fittings. Mine were below the bow wake when underway.

Any other questions feel free to ask! I've got some photos of her on our site.

dave fuller

Lieutenant
Thanks for reply. My brother is looking at a Magna 45 or a Provincial 45. He's a novi fan. The concern I have about the Provincial is about the open ocean. He's will fish Georgesbank alot for tuna and a earlier post I had a guy said that Provincials wear made for the chop around Pei rather than of shore. He can get a good price on both. Any opinions are much appreciated.

Top Bottom