45 Mdi? research/recreational only.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Wow. That is a great deal in my opinion. I am assuming that when they say ths: "Vessel cannot be used in the fisheries in any capacity including aquaculture." it is only referring to commercial use. 75k for a 45' boat in that shape isn't bad at all.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Would that include charter/headboat?

We considered the options but came to the conclusion Its not worth screwing around. Maybe you get away with it, maybe you don't. Then you are stuck. And you wouldn't find out until after you buy it..

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
I bet you could put a General Cat on that boat. Buy back was from groundfishery I think. I bet you could put a state permit on it too. Looks like a good deal

Captain
what if you used it out of state? Say state of Cal? Looks like a great deal.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Its not a state issue is a NMFS and documentation issue I believe

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
If you fished in State waters, like on a NYFF permit and state register, I bet you would be fine.

manni-yunk

Commander
I wonder what the performance is like with that engine.

What is the hull on a 45 MDI like? Hard chine?

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Wow 15 kn i say more like 12 thats a big boat to push that fast i fished on the boat in all mdi adds and she had a big lugger and was hard press to get over 12 and she had like 550hp

Dunn6253

Lieutenant
Anyone know more info on why/how it was bought out? Just curious how it came about it can never be commercial fished again.

MickRory

Ensign
Vessel was purchased by an environmental company during the NOAA buyback program in the early/mid 90's and converted to a documented research vessel. There is a NOAA mandated statutory NO FISHERIES restriction against the vessel. I have spoken to the high ups at NOAA and this is how it stands, no state, frederal,charter, or aquaculture programs(even though aquaculture is considered farming not a fishery) for this vessel. The market is limited but it is available for construction,salvage,research/survey, recreational/cruiser etc.. The engine was rebuilt soup to nuts in 2010 when it had 11,000hrs, since the rebuild there has only been ~600hrs put on her. She cruises between 11 and 13 @ 2500 to 2600rpm......17wot. She is on the hard at Hingham Shipyard Marina.

Top Bottom